“Service, Surroundings, Supper are ALL Superb!”
Review of Banksia Boutique

Banksia Boutique
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosebank
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Service, Surroundings, Supper are ALL Superb!”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I've traveled to Cape Town nearly a dozen times over the past 3 years. One 4-5 of those occasions I bring along 6-8 US Business Execs. I'VE NEVER ENJOYED THE STAY at any of the branded hotels we've stayed-in while in Cape town, especially that Westin. It is the worse. Nonetheless, I searched long and hard for Banksia and while the pics looked good online, I was still very skeptical. I sent the 6 execs this year prior to my arrival 2 weeks later. I held my breath and awaited the reviews. All 6 raved about the rooms and the service. They spoke about the attention to detail and the relaxing, sophisticated environment. No Kids, which is great! I arrived 2 weeks later and felt the exact same way. I truly felt like the King of my own castle. One day I went for a run nearby and upon my return the staff noticed me limping...just simply over did it. They recommended a massage for my leg, I said sure. I went up, showered and slow returned to the opulent front porch ....and there waiting....towel in hand, a masseuse. I could not believe it. The food was amazing, the sleeping quarters were heavenly and the SERVICE, OMG...like none other. I will never stay anywhere else in Cape Town. NEVER! Finally, Cape Town has a hotel that provides service to match the beautiful views!

Room Tip: Room 5 is billed as the best, BUT allow them to assign your room They are ALL Different & Uniq...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank LEADerPhilly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mauritius
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Our trip in South Africa started in Johannesburg and ended in Cape Town. In Cape Town, we decided to stay at Banksia Luxury Boutique Hotel. From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome and treated like royalty. Our room was spacious and exquisitely furnished. The hotel is located in a very quiet area, ideal for those who want to unwind, but still close to the city centre and waterfront. The breakfast deserves a special mention. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chic73
Bangalore
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I was in Cape Town on a consulting engagement and the client had booked me into Banksia. The stay had the pluses and the minues. It is a very unique experience - almost like stepping into a Manor House in the English countryside, with a very courteous host - Ms Shelley who own and runs the place. The 100+ year old place is very well maintained with very authentic dining rooms, sitting rooms, wooden staircases, rooms with long wide balconies with a fantastic view of the Table Mountain. There is also a pool and a jacuzzi if you are so inclined. The breakfast spread matches a Five Star's. For cat lovers, there is a resident kitty as well, who is very visitor friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Abhijit_BLR
Hawaii
Reviewed 7 May 2008

This is a serene gem in the suburbs of Cape Town. Every detail is cared for. The staff are not just warm - they border on loving and are genuine about it. The food is lovely. The furnishings are comfortable and stunning. Each room is unique and a delight. If you are looking for a venue to run an event that is in a beautiful and private setting, this is the place. This is the second training I have held here (I live in the USA) and would come back in a heart beat. The staff are on top of everything and care that your stay is tops.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Globaljoan
Durban
Reviewed 5 December 2007

We had an enjoyable & relaxing stay. Treated like royalty. Breakfasts were really something. Great selection. Located 10 minutes from the waterfront.

• Liked — The breakfast was superb; also very quiet & peaceful; upmarket
  • Disliked — TV volume was limited a little low
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WendyHol
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosebank
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#75 of 109 in Cape Town Central
Southern Sun Newlands
#1 of 3 in Newlands
Vineyard Hotel
#2 of 3 in Newlands

Been to Banksia Boutique? Share your experiences!