Chambery
Agoda.com
US$187
US$166
Agoda.com
Radisson RED Cape Town(Cape Town)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$283
US$273
US$156
US$151
The Last Word Constantia(Constantia)
US$303
US$164
All reviewsb bcape townmangofriendly dogspost officelong stayfurnished beautifullyquiet streetplace to stayshort drivehome from homecherylstudiocottagehostessgardenaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I live in Cape Town, and I needed to find a BNB close to my wedding venue. I booked the stand-alone studio apartment at Chambery.

We had an excellent stay, the house and grounds are beautiful. The owner was very friendly, and the studio even has a small barbeque (which we used on the 2nd night).

Great value and a good location. Perfect for couples, friends and business trips.

Room Tip: The studio apartment has it's own verandah, and is very well set up. No aircon, but we were there on a hot night in mid summer without any problems.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The charm of B&Bs was lost on me until I stumbled upon Chambery. A well situated, beautifully appointed B&B with self catering facilities if needs be. The hostess Cheryl is charming and runs up the most delicious breakfast of ones choice! This is the only place I will stay whenever I am in CT again! Highly recommended and well deserving of the 5 stars given.

Room Tip: Any room Cheryl suggests to suit your needs will be perfect. Do not hesitate to stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Cheryl S, Owner at Chambery, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Gosh Lauren, thank you for that review. I presume this means that you have docked or are you still bobbing on the ocean? It was lovely to meet you and your Mum again after all these years, next time I think I will invite you into the kitchen for a cordon bleu breakfast!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

A large comfortable studio apt with all the amenities needed and some not expected! A safe secure area within 1/2- 1 mile walking distance of restaurants and 1-2 miles from train to town. Fortified with a delicious breakfast of choice, you can begin your day with Cheryl's helpful feedback. We did not have a car and it forced us to plan our days well. Once back at Chambery House in the evening, we felt comfortable and as if we were returning home, to sit out on the patio with a refreshment and enjoy our wonderful day's memories while looking at the beautiful gardens and hearing the resident owl. We highly recommend it.
See additional notes:
Service:Cheryl goes out of her way to assist guests and to make them feel comfortable with the property and the area. She offers daily to make reservations, call taxis and do general research.
Value: More for the money.
Sleep Quality: Pillows for all needs, heated mattress pad, king bed with duvet and cotton quilt. Spare blankets in closet. Night shades and heavy curtains to block the light. Reading lights and alarm clock.
Cleanliness: Studio cleaned daily. Bathroom tile spotless, no mold or mildew. Trash can under sink fresh smelling. The lemongrass soap in the shower is wonderful.
Location: About 25 minutes from town with taxi, 15 minute train ride to town, 15-20 minute walk to train.
Rooms:bathroom with heated towel rack, q-tips, tissues, hair dryer etc., kitchen area with microwave, honor bar, dining area with cookies and fruit, sleeping area on king bed with heating pad, living area with fireplace, couch and large chair, frontporch patio with fireplace and braai. 2 large closets with 2 stacks of 5 drawers. Light airy decorations.
Pool: clean, filtered, lounge chairs with cushions and shade umbrellas.
View: Lovely view of the mountain in the distance and garden areas all around.

Room Tip: We only stayed in the Studio but I don't think any of the 3 options would disappoint.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cheryl S, Owner at Chambery, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you Gary and Sharon for your wonderful review. I loved your photos particularly the one of the owl! I do hope to see you back in Cape Town but perhaps I will see you in the States first?

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Certainly worth more than 4 star service and treatment. Beautiful garden, delightful staff and most generous welcome from Cheryl. Most accomodating for changing of offered selections. A personal touch to the room so that within a day it felt almost my own

• Stayed: July 2013
Cheryl S, Owner at Chambery, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Nadine,

Thank you for your kind words - Now that Cape Town holds a special place in your heart, I hope it will become a second home for you, wishing you only blessings in your two new lives, motherhood and marriage!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

What a wonderful place to stay. We stayed in the Studio as well as having a Loft room for two nights. The place is easy to find (with a GPS) and the area felt very safe. The house is located off an avenue and behind gates and has amazing gardens as well as a pool.

The Studio was very nicely designed and everything that you needed was there - even down to a small jar of cookies and some fresh milk in the fridge. The studio itself has been decorated to a very high standard and the finishings were great. I loved the electric blanket to take the chill out of the bed.

The breakfast was wonderful and very nicely presented.

I would highly recommend Chambery as a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends