“great pizzas and good beer”
Review of Banana Jam Cafe

Banana Jam Cafe
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great place with the most delicious pizzas and variety of craft beers. I have been several times and never disappointed with the food. The Cob salad is also great-huge portion and great if you are trying to follow a low carb diet. The place is always busy so booking is essential.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This used to be a favourite spot of mine and we always held our girls nights here.
NEVER AGAIN, they have finally incensed me for the last time.
Their booking policy is ridiculous, you cannot book between 4pm and 7pm, so if you want to arrange to meet people in that time and book, there are no tables available. Their service was a little slow and distant, when busy. The food is really good, but the service and waiting to get a table isn't my idea of fun. They won't let you book of you don't want to eat. The make you pay deposit on large groups. They make you pay per head if you bring a group and everyone doesn't eat, the rules go on and on.
The craft beer selection is good,

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I've been going there for years with friends, whether it's for the fabulous happy hour, or just for a nice evening out, it never disappoints! Great cocktails, awesome burgers, chilli poppers and pizza. Just an all time favourite place to go in Cape Town!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

What can I say, I really do love this place, I come quite often to have the Happy Hour - their cocktails are fabulous.

I can definitely recommend making a reservation before coming specially on the weekends as it can get very full.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place is pretty cool

Loving the set up of the whole place, its so vibrant, cosy and its buzzing all the time.
Reservations are a MUST as it is always full, we arrived and didn't make a reservation so we had to wait a bit to be seated.

Food was really good, very Rasta and warm loved it.
From the minute we walked in to the time we had left we had smiles on our faces.
The service was amazing and the waiters were all very attentive.

I will definitely keep going back!