“Best way to see Table Mountain”

Cape Town Hiking with Tim Lundy - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tim Lundy grew up with Table Mountain as his back garden and has been hiking for more than 30 years. He is now an accredited mountain guide, with first aid training and experience. He has safely led diverse groups on various hikes around the Cape peninsula.Table Mountain is known for it's outstanding vistas and unique flora and fauna, found nowhere else in the world. Hiking the mountain is a popular choice for Cape Town visitors, but because of its proximity to the city centre few people appreciate how easy it is to get into difficulty on the many trails and paths. Tim emphasises safety first, fun second. Experience one of the world's seven natural wonders with Cape Town Hiking.
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Walking Table Mountain isn't as hard as it sounds if you take the right route, it's more of a gentle stroll, albeit one that last a few hours, than a uphill scramble. Our guide, Tim Lundy, took us up a spectacular path and we stopped for lunch at the Table Mountain Cafe which is well worth a visit. Nothing like sipping champagne with that view at your feet, one of the highlights of our trip. Tim's been hiking the mountain since he was a little boy so he really knows his stuff, and going up the mountain is everything you expect it to be - walk up, eat & drink, take the cable car down, it's an experience that you'll never forget.

1  Thank gfai

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Thanks Tim, my three day hike with you from Silvermine above Tokai to the top of Table Mountain was amazing. You showed me things I would have never picked up if I hiked on my own. You being a trained medic and with your knowledge of the Cape Town mountains puts ones mind at rest. Let me know when you doing the whale trail again, I don't want to miss out!

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I've used Tim for guided hikes a few times and would highly recommend him. His extensive knowledge of the mountains as well as the flora and fauna, attention to safety issues, flexible starting times and his ability to accommodate all ages and fitness levels makes for a very enjoyable day out with Tim. Looking forward to doing many more walks with him.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Booked a climb up loins head. The view keeps changing as you climb around the base, covering table mountain, the city bowl around to green point and sea point. You also see robin island in the bay. Apparently you can also do the climb on a full moon which would be amazing with all the lights off cape town.
Thank you Tim for a climb that I will never forget.

1  Thank si007morgan
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I can highly recommend Tim for a private tour! I found the whole experience, from the booking to the decent meeting time ;) and then the informative tour thoroughly enjoyable! Tim definitely knows his stuff. I'm looking forward to booking another hike with him soon

1  Thank Jessica B