“Good location for a concert in Victoria Hall”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Okotoks, Canada
“Good location for a concert in Victoria Hall”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I had read different reviews about this place. The reviews were spot on!! Dated room, hard bed, poor water pressure. The room was clean and adequate for 1 night stay as there is a free car park and you can walk to the Victoria Hall. There is a fab Italian restaurant nearby called La Bella Napoli. We didn't have breakfast, we drove 5 miles to Trentham Gardens and went to Frankie & Benny's
Would we go again to this hotel? Yes for a concert and only to stay 1 night

2 Thank Whybs27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 21 July 2011

One word for this hotel 'cruddy'. We stayed here for 3 nights. On the day of our arrival the room that they checked us into was still occupied. We opened the door to find coins on the table, boxer short on the bed and a room that pretty much looked like someone is still living in it.

When we went back to the reception to tell them the room was still occupied, they handled it as if it wasn't even a big deal and calmly just gave us another room key card without any apologies.

We went to the next room they gave us, it looked like crap. We went back and told them the standards is just unacceptable. They then gave us one of their "executive" rooms. And when we saw it we just laughed our heads off as this was becoming a joke. We actually thought we were being mocked, never seen an executive room like this before in my life as it looks like the same crap room they gave that was below acceptable standards (see pics) and the only difference is a wooden table in the room. At this point we pretty much concluded every room in the hotel looked the same.

This hotel is just one big joke. The lowest of the lowest. Here is just a few of the many things that we experienced:

*The level of hygiene was appalling and not a conducive environment for children if you are hygiene concious.

*Our bed sheets were not changed during our 3 night stay nor was the carpet cleaned. Bearing in mind that there were stains of faeces in the toilet when we were moved to the 'executive room'

*The key card they gave us stopped working

*Staff were rude

*The hair dryer was a joke

*The room was extremely dirty and dusty

*The shower control didn't work properly

*The bed had a big dent in it

*The manager Richard offered us complementary drinks for the inconvenience caused when they checked us into an occupied room. This was on the first night before they caused us further distress and didn't follow through

*The town is very appalling and dirty. It should be levelled with missiles from an air strike. Doesn't even deserve bulldozing or dynamites.

To add the ultimate insult to the injury, on the day that we checked out, we walked pass a room that actually looked half decent and on speaking to the cleaning lady, she allowed us to have a look inside. the room was suppose to be one of their new executive rooms and they had the cheek to give us the run down dirty one.

Staff members told us they're so used to complaints that they just laugh at it now.

Do not stay at this hotel. You are probably better off living in your car.

2 Thank Berry217

Travellers are raving about these Hanley hotels

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Not very clean but ok, service is terinal, rooms are to hot and stuffey, the breakfast is for a dog.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank globeHoliday
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Have just returned from my fourth time at this hotel ,i dont know what all the bad reviews are about its a great location near shops bars pubs and the drinsk prices in the area are great £1.75 for a pint of beer which ym bf was very happy about,the areas not great but you can go out without worrying its about 15-20 mins froma lton towers has a pool sauna steam room and jacuzzi and is so cheap £43 for a night the breakfast is great too £6.95 buffet in resturant 66 the car park is safe i have a new car and had no problem car parkings also free,there is a club called st1 across the road its very seedy but you dont see anything ,its near the clubs but you dont get any noise i also organised for our room to be decorated for my bfs bday very reasonable prices and the staff are very helpful i would ignore the bad reviews.

4 Thank d a
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I booked this hotel as it was a ten min drive from my business location, I am writing this reveiw from room 223 on the 15th July 2011. As I am unable to sleep due to the Loud disco music that is coming from the room function room below me, I have phoned reception to be told this will continue untill 1 am. No one mentioned the party would be happening, when i booked in. The young man on reception was apologetic but obv getting a arty closed down is not an option, however the residents will have to suffer.

If you want to party then book into this hotel if you need to sleep then dont even consider it. The food was shocking, over cooked chicken and chips cost me £9.95. However on a plus side, the lady on the bar was very friendly as was the reception staff. the accomodation however should be 2 star.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2011

The room I was in - 309, was shabby, great size, but in need of updating. The carpets were threadbare and stained in places, the curtains didn't fit the window, I tried to hang the runner from the bed over the pelmet to fill the gap and a huge clump of fluff and dust fell down. Worst of all was the bed, the springs in the mattress were broken and the mattress sagged in places, the base of the bed was broken at the bottom half, so you couldn't sit on that end and it meant when laying on it you gradually graviated towards the end of the bed, when I tried to turn the mattress over, I was horrified to find a large, old urine stain which had been simply covered by a mattress underlay and the sheet. My room wasn't cleaned on the 2nd day. I certainly didn't risk eating there. I did use the spa area, which was ok, except the water temperature of the jacuzzi was so hot you could only put your feet in for a couple of seconds before they started burning. I appreciate it is an old building but that is no excuse for the basic lack of attention to cleanliness and quality - as the name would lead you to believe would be the very least they would offer

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jacey1810
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed at The Quality Hotel with my boyfriend for a trip to Alton Towers. The first thing noticeable about the hotel was not the hotel itself, but the lapdancing bar literally across the road named "ST1"... classy. However, I am unaware whether it was the hotel or the club was put there first, so I cannot really complain about that.
There are a few things to complain about the hotel, though. It's very old fashioned. The rooms definately need a paint, and I mean they need to paint the walls whilst taking the curtains down... There was paint all over them on both the rooms we were in which makes it look very rushed and a major lack of effort. The carpets were again old, torn and haggard. The beds however were comfortable and possibly the best thing about the rooms. The televisions lacked with channels and we both expected freeview at least...
The first night we stayed was AWFUL. At around 2/3a.m music began to blast from the kebab shop, Sizzlers, which was also situated right oppisite from the hotel. I understand this is not the hotels fault, however the music was so loud I'm sure other members of staff would have heard, and should not have been left for my boyfriend to call the shop and threaten to call the police. The morning after we obviously made our compaints and requested to move rooms away from the shop and the lap dancing club. They immediately transferred us with ease. The manager was there and explained there had been trouble before and he was going to sort it. It's a shame however they only half listened and put us closer to both the shop and club.
The second room we stayed in was a lot better (seems we were upgraded!), but again a bit old fashioned. The 12ft flowered curtains terrified my boyfriend, they were huge! The bath had what looked like plaster stuck to the base, making it look grotty, however the shower was fine.
In regards to the staff, again they were standard. For example, on walking out into the carpark I found a set of keys and immediately went to the reception desk. I explained I'd found them to which the woman behind the desk quickly took them from me and immeditely ran to the phone without saying thank you. Again, on checking out from the hotel, she did not even speak with my boyfriend as she was too busy on the phone. This can be classed as a bonus as she wasn't concentrating enough to charge us for the room service we had! Thanks for the free salmon and burger (which was nice)!

Overall, I would recommend this as only a short stay hotel. I would not say it's for any special occasions as you would be greatly dissapointed. It's "okay". We won't be going there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sjanesherlock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!