“Ticked all the Boxes”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
nottingham
“Ticked all the Boxes”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This Hotel is in the Cultural Quarter of Hanley and, therefore, the perfect location for exploring the Potteries. The Potteries Museum, theatre, shops, restaurants and bars are all in walking distance. The hotel has a large free (for guests) car park. These are the reasons I chose the hotel but was a bit worried by some of the bad reviews. When I rang the hotel to book I mentioned my concerns and that I would like a quiet room. I was told that some rooms had been refurbished and I was given one of those. We were extremely happy with our room (or rather a small suite). One room had a settee and tv, the bedroom was a decent size and very comfortable, and a great bathroom with large bath and large shower, and it was a quiet room. Unfortunately we were only staying one night, but would have liked to have stayed longer. Another reason I chose that hotel was I like old buildings. It has some nice old features, and used to be The Grand Hotel. My husband used the swimming pool, which he was very happy with. Didnt have the hotel breakfast - went to M & S cafe instead. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Hotel on main road, and they have wedding parties there, so ask for a quiet room. There is a mode...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DollyCarnegie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Whilst the room in this hotel was clean and average the dinner in the evening was very poor in particular the main course on both nights which was barely edible!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicholas R

Travellers are raving about these Hanley hotels

Paris
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had to book a hotel in Stoke at the last minute and I could not get into the North Stafford. I looked up the location of this hotel and since it was reasonably central, went ahead and booked it. I then looked at the Tripadvisor reviews. A number of these were very negative and it was with some trepidation that I checked in during the aftermath of a noisy wedding reception. However I was pleasantly surprised; my room was on the first floor (and would have been awkward to access with a lot of luggage) but was reasonably spacious and clean.
The breakfast in the morning was quite good - I've had worse at a much higher price - and the staff overall were friendly and helpful. On my next visit to Stoke this would not be my first choice but given the price I'd certainly consider it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ParisMunro
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My family and I stayed at the quality hotel on a last minute trip to Alton Towers.
The hotel it's self could do with an update but the staff couldn't have been more friendly. On arriving at the hotel my partner and I asked if there was any places to take our children to for something to eat, the receptionist kindly gave us a map and pointed out the based places to go and also pointed out that there was a swimming pool in the hotel and also a retail park with a bowling ally, water world and a cinema! As you can imagine the children were thrilled.
I've read previous reviews on the hotel and was quite dubious about staying there but overall we all really enjoyed our stay.
If you want a modern and lavish hotel this isn't the place for you, however if you want a place thats in the city centre with shops and entertainment then this is.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank DylanMichaelJones
customer r, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
We appreciate your great feedback which will be passed onto all the staff at the hotel. We look forward to you returning in the future
staffordshire
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We booked aroom for 1 night,omg it was like a cheap bordello knocking shop. Men were bringing girls back that they had picked up from the town, doors open even after midnight no security here or i should say 1 lad about 18 on reception ...1 couple walked in and said we need the loo and were told use ours down the stairs by the young male receptionist, the minute he walked off the couple were in the lift, i was having a cigarette at the main door....the couple came out of the lift some 20-25mins later looking very disshevelled and very smiley i can only assume they found an unlocked room????oh and there was a lipstick message on the mirror stating thanx 4 the shag??????NEVER STAY HERE...

Room Tip: go to another hotel..
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dottydally
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Very dissapointed by my business stay in this shabby hotel. It needs to be shut down and completely refurbished or knocked down.

The cold water in my bath / shower didnt work reception said they would send maintenance, when I returned from work to discover it still wasnt fixed the answer from reception was......'Its unfixable'.

The location is not good, the street seems to have a mixture of seedy bars, large groups of loud youths, kebab shops and at least 3 gentlemans clubs.

I read the reviews and came here anyway, mainly for the gym which someone said was great. Trust me it is not great, i spent less than 5minutes there before walking out.

Room Tip: Goto a different hotel
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris M
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Myself and my little boy spent 3 nights here Nov 1sNov 4th. Read reviews and was expecting worst. On arrival everything was good. Service good. Amenities excellent. Room on 2nd floor perfect. Breakfast top quality. Evening meal good value and very helpfull chef as to my sons menu. Location great for alton towers. Easy route. Will deffinatly stay again in this hotel. Thank you quality hotel. CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN AND MASTER CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN. See you next time.

Room Tip: Second floor serviced by regular staff. Very helpfull and freindly.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank christopher b
Thank you for your great feedback Mr Brennan, its good to hear you and your son had a fantastic time. We look foward to seeing you again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!