“Highly Recommended A Great Stay”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended A Great Stay”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

To be perfectly honest, as a buisness professional I was initally slightly aprehensive, yet still open minded about my stay at The Quality Hotel, when my company advised me that they had booked me in at this hotel for a week whilst on a training course in Stoke, As I am sure most people do... I went on to Trip Advisor to look at the general comments!!! Some good one's but the majority not too good at all, as I work in a very customer focused industry I do realise from personal experience that in general people will report the not so good issues, and forget to report the good/great experiences. Hence I felt I had to share my whole experience and comments from my stay at this unique yet traditional hotel. My first encounter was with a bright friendly receptionist who politely asked my name, had all my details at hand, addressed me by my full name whilst talking to me, asked me if I would like to know what was around the area, and what events were on over the next week, advised me of the restaurant opening times and asked if I had any special requirements or required an early morning alarm call, directed me to my room and hoped I had a nice stay... TOP CLASS SERVICE by a young lady called Jade. My room was bright, clean and more than comfortable,a fantastic shower in the modern bathroom, the room warm and quite cosy, just what you need when you are away from home. I ate in the restaurant most evenings, the surroundings were superb, perfect lightting and fine music, although I am not a lover of themed food, on the themed evenings I found the food to be of an excellent stand and more than tasty... hence I went back for more!!!!. The restaurant staff both in the mornings and evenings were friendly and always aknowledged your presence, even the house keepers when passing me on the landings, said Good Morning.... its nice to be noticed. I used the Leisure Club on two occasions and on both times the Leisure club Manager was very helpful and made me feel totally at ease when using the equipment, the swimming pool was lovely, great size. All of the hotel facilities were great, even the Car Parking. Although I was in Stoke on Trent for business purposes, I enjoyed every moment of my stay, and I would not hesitate going back to this hotel, even though in the first instance I was a little unsure. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...

4 Thank janina s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Checkout and went elsewhere... staff were awful and didn't care welcome to Fawlty Towers in 2012 and 45 minutes spent in the car park for a faulty fire alarm didn't endear it to anyone either...

Room Tip: Book somewhere else..
2 Thank AmandaHillUK

Travellers are raving about these Hanley hotels

London, England
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Situated next to a major road in a tatty part of Stoke, the first impression of the hotel was not good. We arrived at 1.30pm and were told that the room was not available until 2pm. The decor was quite good and the room large and clean. However there was no plug in the bath and the shower leaked. The room was quiet though, and the beds comfortable.

Breakfast was not so good. Only instant coffee and lukewarm hot water to make it, a poor choice of cereal, and a good assortment of nearly cold self service cooked breakfast.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel away from the main road
1 Thank DavidCl19
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I really don't know where to start with this, it was so bad in every way I don't think it's even worth writing a long review about it.
Every aspect of my short stay there was bad (read other reviews they're 100% accurate). The place is a tumble down old hulk with unhelpful (to the point of being rude) staff.
I can't believe a place like this still exists in 2012, it took 20 mins at the bar to get a pint (choice of 2 whole beers on draft) and a further 25 mins on top to receive my food (which was basically thrown at me with no condiments or even a hello/ cheap crap and a tiny portion by the way) the bar was not busy by the way!
There was an elderly Lady serving behind the bar whom I felt I was imposing on by asking for two different things at once and then when I had the audacity to ask for a receipt it seamed to push her over the edge to where I was clearly just taking the p**s and I was told very indignantly that " I have a Que here".
All in all I'm not really upset by the event but bemused and to be honest I kind of found it hilarious in a hysterical way (I got a good giggle from it) and in the end I knew not to even bother complaining to the staff, so I just paid my my bill and walked off down the road having a good laugh to myself about the experience.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Colin B
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

my husband and I stayed here for an abba tribute band fri/sat night. our room was at the front side of hotel and we were kept awake til 4.30am with clubbers from clubs and pubs up the road, we asked for a quiet room the next day and were given one immediately. the staff work very hard but there is just not enough of them, food kept running out and a 3 course meal took 2 hours to serve. there is no communication and confusion when dining room changed on 2nd night with no one knowing where to go a total mess.would never stay again the manager needs to get more staff

Room Tip: rooms in new part of hotel are more spacious and quiet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed here on several occassions and always enjoyed my stay. The rooms are decorated to a reasonably good standard and always clean.
I ate in the bar and the restaurant and also ordered room service. Starting with Room Service, dont bother with the menu in your room you'll find most of items on the menu are not available.
Eating in the "restaurant" was comical, overheard a waitress asking "what does Soup De Jour" means to be told by the manager "I don't know".
The only reason I went to the "restaurant" was because the service in the Bar was so slow. This hotel has the making of providing a good service but lacks direction.
The staff are friendly and are helpful as they can be but you feel that all staff including managment could do with some training in how to operate more effectively.

An example is that in the busy bar there is one person serving drinks and taking food orders from behind the bar and having to carry out all usaul bar duies, clearing tables etc and then having to leave the bar go downstairs to pick up food orders, leaving the busy bar often unattended.
At the same time you also have a barely empty restaurant with three waitresses standing around talking doing very little. It doesnt take a brain surgoen to figure out the solution to this hotels problems so why can't they ?

Room Tip: If staying at the weekend stay away from rooms to the front of the hotel as this is the usually nois...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Viroma
Wales
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed for one night with friends. Staff very friendly, room not bad but just a few niggles. The mattress was very lumpy felt like the springs had come through. Shared a twin room but we only had one bath towel. Rooms were also very hot and we could not open the window. On a positive note the staff were very polite, we came in late at 2.00am and the bar was closed. However they were willing to make us coffee's. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. The price was very reasonable £57.00 for a twin with breakfast. I would stay again because the location is excellent, just would like a new mattress and more towels

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!