“ok for a couple of days.”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Reviewed 3 June 2012

we stayd there a couple of nights on our way to visit alton towers. our room was clean enough. havent really had anything to complain. only thing was the shower wasnt getting hot enough. the hotel is next to a busy road and clubs so it was quite noicy. breakfast was very simple.. we were going to eat in for dinner so the lady on reception told us dinner was starting at 7 at the restaurant down stairs. so we went down but there was nobody there they had some kind of refurb goin on but we havent been told. other than that staff were quite pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j8a9i98
Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Booked a room for £36 for 1 night as I was going to Alton Towers the next day. Room was nice, spacious with a nice bathroom. Bed could have been a little more comfier but they supplied extra pillows in the wardrobe which was brilliant! The staff were lovely & helpful. We also got free access to the gym & swimming pool & leaisure facilities which was a bonus! our room was boiling & the radiator was not on & even with the window open fully we still struggled to sleep. So we called the reception up for a fan but there was none availble. Overall, great stay! would recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Pluses - Within walking distance to Hanley town center. Room was cleaned every day. Bathroom was spotless. Free Internet in room. Large, free carpark on premises. Pleasant reception and bar staff.

Hotel is older and rather shabby. Needs renovation. No air conditioning. Was sweltering during most of my stay. Door swipe unit faulty. Might have been the heat - who knows! Had to make many trips to reception before getting a door key that worked. Poor communication between staff. On the one night I attempted to eat in the restaurant, it was closed when I came by. When I reported this to the bar staff, they told me I was mistaken and sent me back to the restaurant - which was still dark, locked tight and closed. I went elsewhere to eat. Rooms facing street side can be very noisy late at night. Hotel situated close to several clubs. On Student Night was awake from about 3:30am until 5:30am. The clubs were closing and some of the club-goers were drunkenly screaming at the top of their lungs. It was pretty much nonstop yelling and whooping for two hours. I would have been impressed with their staying power. If I hadn't been so fatigued, sweating hot, and in need of sleep before starting my work day, that is. The hotel's close proximity to the clubs makes it a perfect temporary taxi rank for the club-goers. Oh joy.

It is not a "terrible" place. However, given other choices, I would not stay there again unless they renovated and added air conditioning. As far as the noise issue - they don't have a great deal of control over that since they don't own the night clubs. But it is such a ridiculous situation. They should warn guests about the noise and give a *substantial* discount to offset the hateful ruckus that the club-goers cause. I had to work early the next day and I was exhausted from lack of sleep. Not good. Not good at all.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing AWAY from street
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PeachTrotter1408
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The first appearance of the hotel was ofa good standard. The warm welcome from the reception made my initial observations of the hotel correct.While working in the area the staff as a whole what ever time or day I arrived were helpful and when beyond their normal duties. The rooms were comfortable, but at times during my stay the housekeeping fell slightly below the main qualities of the hotel. The food as a whole was very good, warm and friendly atomosphere in the hotel and bar.When any problem would arise the manager and duty manager were available and accommodating. The gym and swimming pool was of a high standard. Plenty of car parking spaces with good security. from martin neale plymouth

Room Tip: refurbished rooms on level one
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my school and we were going to alton towers we had been traviling all day to get to the hotel and got in hoping to get a nice room and a cosy bed . The rooms were too warm so we opend the window but the radiator fell off the wall i sat on my bed and went right through it i pulled up the mattres and looked at the bed it was broke and tied to gether with a plastic bag so they oviusaly knew it was broke my friend turned on the tap and it came right off The couch had white powder all over it the food was taste less and the floors were full of stains everyone that was On my floors shower was ethir too hot or tooo cold and wouldnt change temperature the cups were Mouldy the door on the toilet wouldnt lock the hotel is a meesssss i wouldnt recomend this to anyone !!!!! Was a waste of money to be honest:( !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Yaldii
Reviewed 1 June 2012

First impressions it is opposite a gentlemans club this however makes no difference to the stay on arrival the staff were polite and checked us in quickly and easily. The room which was a club suite was very spacious and clean all fixtures and fittings were in working order including the very nice whirlpool bath. The bed was slighty uncomfortable but still provided a good nights sleep. The one downside would be the noise from nightlife if you sleep with the window open however being located in the centre this is expected. Spa and swimming pool were clean and definatley a plus to the hotel. I stayed for 2 nights here and found the cafe down the road better value and quality for breakfast. Overall it was a nice hotel could do with an update in rooms but you get what you pay for if i was in the area i would definatley stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a club room they are bigger and same price.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Arrived at approx 14:20, checked in and had to wait nearly two hours in reception for my room to be cleaned and made available.

The hotel has certainly seen better days and is need of a major facelift.

Room was large but very dated with limited lighting which wasn't helped with brocken bedside light.

Breakfast wasn't great, cerials were very basic and fruit was all tinned.

I am orginally from Stoke and was returning on business but due to lack of availability elsewhere had to stay at the Quality Hotel - I was ashamed that it is the best there is to offer in Hanley.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
Travelodge Stoke on Trent Trentham
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!