Quality Inn
US$85
PremierInn.com
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$75
George Hotel(Burslem)
US$53
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$76
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
Priceline
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
TripAdvisor
1,293 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomtown centrefree car parkleisure clubbad reviewsexcellent value for moneynightlifepotteries
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at the Quality Hotel for two nights. Arrving at 10pm, it was clear that the receptionist didn't really know what he was doing - he spelt my name wrong, informed me that I hadn't paid for breakfast (which I had) and spoke at length about the hotel facilities that weren't available at the time (no reason given). The room was fine - a little dusty and in need of a refurb, but the bathroom was spotless and the bed fairly comfy. I was in a room at the back of the hotel which was very quiet and not too hot. The breakfast was pretty horrible - I went down just after 9am, the tables hadn't been properly cleaned and the only food was a basic fry-up which tasted like school dinners and some juices in grubby jugs. I didn't bother with breakfast the second day. The fire alarm went off at 4am on my second night - supposedly set off by kids. The fire exit on my floor didn't open, there only appeared to be two staff on hand who didn't know what to do - very little communication, the reception area was full of confused guests just milling around and not directed anywhere. Eventually, word filtered back of the false alarm and people wandered back to their rooms. On the plus side, the hotel is central, close to a few supermarkets is cheap and easy to find.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kcl1806
Reviewed 3 June 2012

we stayd there a couple of nights on our way to visit alton towers. our room was clean enough. havent really had anything to complain. only thing was the shower wasnt getting hot enough. the hotel is next to a busy road and clubs so it was quite noicy. breakfast was very simple.. we were going to eat in for dinner so the lady on reception told us dinner was starting at 7 at the restaurant down stairs. so we went down but there was nobody there they had some kind of refurb goin on but we havent been told. other than that staff were quite pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j8a9i98
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Booked a room for £36 for 1 night as I was going to Alton Towers the next day. Room was nice, spacious with a nice bathroom. Bed could have been a little more comfier but they supplied extra pillows in the wardrobe which was brilliant! The staff were lovely & helpful. We also got free access to the gym & swimming pool & leaisure facilities which was a bonus! our room was boiling & the radiator was not on & even with the window open fully we still struggled to sleep. So we called the reception up for a fan but there was none availble. Overall, great stay! would recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Pluses - Within walking distance to Hanley town center. Room was cleaned every day. Bathroom was spotless. Free Internet in room. Large, free carpark on premises. Pleasant reception and bar staff.

Hotel is older and rather shabby. Needs renovation. No air conditioning. Was sweltering during most of my stay. Door swipe unit faulty. Might have been the heat - who knows! Had to make many trips to reception before getting a door key that worked. Poor communication between staff. On the one night I attempted to eat in the restaurant, it was closed when I came by. When I reported this to the bar staff, they told me I was mistaken and sent me back to the restaurant - which was still dark, locked tight and closed. I went elsewhere to eat. Rooms facing street side can be very noisy late at night. Hotel situated close to several clubs. On Student Night was awake from about 3:30am until 5:30am. The clubs were closing and some of the club-goers were drunkenly screaming at the top of their lungs. It was pretty much nonstop yelling and whooping for two hours. I would have been impressed with their staying power. If I hadn't been so fatigued, sweating hot, and in need of sleep before starting my work day, that is. The hotel's close proximity to the clubs makes it a perfect temporary taxi rank for the club-goers. Oh joy.

It is not a "terrible" place. However, given other choices, I would not stay there again unless they renovated and added air conditioning. As far as the noise issue - they don't have a great deal of control over that since they don't own the night clubs. But it is such a ridiculous situation. They should warn guests about the noise and give a *substantial* discount to offset the hateful ruckus that the club-goers cause. I had to work early the next day and I was exhausted from lack of sleep. Not good. Not good at all.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing AWAY from street
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PeachTrotter1408
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The first appearance of the hotel was ofa good standard. The warm welcome from the reception made my initial observations of the hotel correct.While working in the area the staff as a whole what ever time or day I arrived were helpful and when beyond their normal duties. The rooms were comfortable, but at times during my stay the housekeeping fell slightly below the main qualities of the hotel. The food as a whole was very good, warm and friendly atomosphere in the hotel and bar.When any problem would arise the manager and duty manager were available and accommodating. The gym and swimming pool was of a high standard. Plenty of car parking spaces with good security. from martin neale plymouth

Room Tip: refurbished rooms on level one
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business