....there is a certain type of Tripadvisor prejudice that sees Premier Inn as the benchmark for all that is good about a budget hotel. I think that it what is happening here with the unfair poor reviews of this hotel. There also appear to be a number of people doing Alton Towers on the cheap but still expecting stupendous service.
So, my experience of this hotel.
It is centrally located with a big car park. It is the centre of town so will have pubs and fast food outlets nearby. If you don't like that, don't stay in the town centre.
Parking is controlled but by entering your reg into the computer in reception, you get it for free.
Checking in was easy and friendly. My impression was that this was a busy hub of a hotel with lots of conferences and local staff parties. The bar was pleasant and not at all "dingy"
The hotel is an old (Victorian?) building so doesn't fit the stereotyped box style of a travelodge or PI. It's all the better for it in my opinion.
My room was clean, recently refurbished and comfortable. the bathroom was especially good. Yes the TV only has 5 channels but the free wifi worked brilliantly. I have had the fortune to stay in a couple of 5 star hotels recently and neither of them had that good wifi for free.
There is a bit of pub noise but nothing outrageous and I had a great nights sleep.
This hotel cost less than 50 quid (booked 2 days before arrival) it is a full service hotel with a genuine local charm. Much better in my opinion than the soulless , overrated Premier Inn (who's prices are continually being nudged up)
My advice ; leave your prejudices behind, support local business and buildings and stay in hotels like this. Well done and thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 135 bedroomed hotel is situated in the city centre within walking distance to theatres, shops, casino, restaurants & bars. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, tea & coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones & hairdryers as well as complimentary WIFI access. We boast a superb restaurant, 7 meeting / conference rooms, including two large function rooms which are ideal for hosting parties & wedding receptions. Free wifi access throughout the hotel, guests can also enjoy complimentary use of the hotels leisure facilities which include Heated Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi & fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Quality Inn Stoke On Trent
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke On Trent Stoke-On-Trent/Hanley