“pat h weekend break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Leeds, United Kingdom
“pat h weekend break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. I joined a large group for the weekend and we were all very impressed by this hotel. Ideally located within walking distance of the city centre. Ample free parking and lovely warm rooms. Parking spaces especially for women were very close to the door for security..how thoughtful. Excellent value for money. The outstanding thing about this hotel was the friendliness and helpfulness of ALL of the staff at whatever level. Service was second to none. Beats Travelodge or Premier hotels by attending to you personally and ensuring your stay is of value to them......WELL DONE Quality and Leisure Hotel.

Room Tip: I had a single room but it was a large bed and very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hyenmah
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

We are delighted to read that your Turkey & Tinsel weekend was so enjoyable. Indeed the team here had a great time also !

I will pass on your compliments to everyone here.

Patrick Fitzgerald.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
stoke -on trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Ideally located for City centre, the room was clean, the staff in general very helpful, however, after a very pleasant stay, I was not happy the way I was spoken to by head of reception, she was very rude, very abrupt, and mentioned that I was over the limit of some thing or other, which I did not understand, but mentioned that my account for my stay was over £600.00, at which she printed off my room and restaurant bill asking me to settle it there and then, this I refused as I said I would pay when I checked out the following morning.
All in all a pleasant stay, a place I would recommend, but beware of the Rottweiler on reception

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank keith a
Director_of_Sales_13, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review.

I am pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay here in Stoke. I will discuss your comments with the Head Receptionist regarding the settling of the bill and the way this was handled.

Many thanks for bringing this matter to my attention.

We hope to see you again on your nex visit.

Kind regrads,
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

For value for money it wins hands down! Staff couldn't do enough and breakfast superb.. Have paid the same amount for premier/travel lodge and a clear difference in comfort. Yes you can hear other residents but unless your paying for a penthouse where don't you. Alton towers easily reached and clear to find.

Room Tip: Pay for family of 5/ larger room than a 4
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Renfree5
Director_of_Sales_13, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a review following your recent visit.

We are delighted to read that you found the team here looked after you so well, and that you enjoyed the hearty breakfast before your trip to Alton Towers.

We hope to see you again on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is centrally located and recently refurbished. The staffs were all polite and ready to help. On arrival at the hotel on the 8/11/13, with my family, my little girl was given a present and two staff members helped with our luggage to the rooms booked. I wasn't happy that my rooms were not adjoining as booked and I complained. I was then given a family club room which was an upgrade from a twin room at no extra cost and my eldest son remained in the club double room booked for me. For this I am grateful. The rooms are hot due to the hot water pipes passing through the rooms, but an open window soon solve the problem. Breakfast was great because they had a large selection at the buffet style breakfast. The rooms were cleaned daily with a daily change of towels. My only regret was not being able to sample the gym, sauna and jacuzzi, perhaps next time. I will highly recommend this hotel. It would have been nice to have a fridge in the rooms and Air conditioning.

Room Tip: I didn't get to sample the spa and children activities, that's why only three stars given. I...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FirstladyBisi
Director_of_Sales_13, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following a recent visit with your family.

We are delighted to read that you had such a comfortable stay, and it is pleasing to note that you found the team here to be both courteous and helpful. I will share your kind comments with them.

When you next visit hopefully you will have time to enjoy the leisure facilities here.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Room was beautifully decorated, very clean and lots of amenities. Bar prices were very reasonable and happy hour was from 5pm to 7pm with £2 per pint.
With use of the leisure facilities for the price i paid was very very reasonable.
All in all a very good stay for the price paid.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lovalotx

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

We are delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay, and that you took advantage of the 'welcome hour' in our Lounge Bar.

We hope to welcome you again on a future visit.

Essex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Free parking was good. Check in was swift and efficient. Allocated room 109 which seemed modern, clean and very very hot. Radiators were on with no means to turn them down or off so we opened the window which seemed ok. Well it was ok till 3am when the loud noise of all the nightlife was going on outside. So we had to chose to close the window and bake or suffer the extreme noise. We chose to suffer the noise and ended up having a poor nights sleep. Used the pool jacuzzi sauna and steam in the morning which was good although the attendant thought we were strange to ask for towels. Overall good value for money but prepare for heat and noise.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ralarich
Director_of_Sales_13, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 12 November 2013

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed the amenities here at the Quality Hotel, although you experienced difficulties with the street noise and heating, which I am currently investigating.

Your feedback is appreciated, and I hope that you will return when on your next visit to Stoke.

Warwickshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

....there is a certain type of Tripadvisor prejudice that sees Premier Inn as the benchmark for all that is good about a budget hotel. I think that it what is happening here with the unfair poor reviews of this hotel. There also appear to be a number of people doing Alton Towers on the cheap but still expecting stupendous service.

So, my experience of this hotel.
It is centrally located with a big car park. It is the centre of town so will have pubs and fast food outlets nearby. If you don't like that, don't stay in the town centre.
Parking is controlled but by entering your reg into the computer in reception, you get it for free.
Checking in was easy and friendly. My impression was that this was a busy hub of a hotel with lots of conferences and local staff parties. The bar was pleasant and not at all "dingy"
The hotel is an old (Victorian?) building so doesn't fit the stereotyped box style of a travelodge or PI. It's all the better for it in my opinion.
My room was clean, recently refurbished and comfortable. the bathroom was especially good. Yes the TV only has 5 channels but the free wifi worked brilliantly. I have had the fortune to stay in a couple of 5 star hotels recently and neither of them had that good wifi for free.
There is a bit of pub noise but nothing outrageous and I had a great nights sleep.

This hotel cost less than 50 quid (booked 2 days before arrival) it is a full service hotel with a genuine local charm. Much better in my opinion than the soulless , overrated Premier Inn (who's prices are continually being nudged up)
My advice ; leave your prejudices behind, support local business and buildings and stay in hotels like this. Well done and thank you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank woosiep
Director_of_Sales_13, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 8 November 2013

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

It is a measured, considered and fair opinion of the hotel and it's facilities and location.

We are centrally located, do offer free car parking, which in a city centre is extremely rare, free Wi-Fi and entrance to our Leisure Centre.

Our Alton Towers packages are extremely competitive, as indeed are our regular room rates for both mid-week and weekends.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Patrick Fitzgerald.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Moat House
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!