Quality Inn
US$78
PremierInn.com
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$76
George Hotel(Burslem)
US$54
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$77
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
US$49
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$75
PremierInn.com
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
TripAdvisor
1,292 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomtown centrefree car parkleisure clubbad reviewsexcellent value for moneynightlifepotteries
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Checked in and the reception staff were unenthusiastic & uninterested. Our room was out of the main hotel, over a small courtyard and into an annex. The electronic card key did not let us into the annex building (changed key no.1). Arrived at our room, the door was wide open. Before we went out for the evening, we went to draw the curtains and noticed all the windows seals, frames & cills were covered in black mould and furry mold spores. Complined to management who said they'd send a cleaner. On returning to our room later that even, our new card key would not let us into our room, back to reception (changed key no.2). Cleaners had been and cleaned 2 out of 4 windows, WHY ? My partner bought cleaning wipes and cleaned the 2 windows herself and deposited filthy wipes into the bin. Under the bin liner the bin was 2 inches high with ash, cigarette ends & dirt. Back to management we went and he agreed that is NOT acceptable. The following day we left the room late morning and did not return until the early hours of the following morning. Once again our card key would not let us enter our annex (changed key no.3). whilst attempting this we noticed that our room, which was next to the annex entrance door had ALL the curtains & blinds wide open with a full view into our room (ground floor) and that 1 of the uPVC widows was wide open.
The entrance to the hotel on the Saturday night was like trying to fight your way through a night club with people everywhere being dropped off by taxis that were going to a local club/bar.
Management did offer a free breakfast for my partner & I.
On departure we once again expressed our dissatisfaction & disappointment with our stay to the duty manager.
I have reviewed several hotels & other establishments over the last couple of years and I am by no means a habitual moaner, but i'm afraid I lost all confidence in this hotel whilst staying there and could not wait to leave.
This hotel could be a cracker, as the decor and building is lovely, it just needs a firm hand, a better customer service & a really good clean.
And regarding the electronic key cards, if any member staff had blamed me once more for keeping the card key close to my phone, I would have screamed. This was the 8th hotel I've stayed at this year (6th with card keys) and I have had NO problems with any other card key.
I will NEVER be returning to this hotel, and I would definitely NOT recommend it.
This hotel should be called 'Hotel Stoke' and leave the word 'Quality' out of it, because quality it is NOT.... It is not even bargain basement.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else !!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GarethB1971
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review.

I am sorry to read that our service levels fell short on this occasion.

Your comments as relayed previously have been discussed with the team here for corrective action.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were in a room with no ventilation or exits. Luckily it was only for one night. We had an evening meal and breakfast. Food was OK. I would guess this a budget hotel but the room quality is also on the cheap side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coopermanloose
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to read that your room was not to your liking. We have an ongoing refurbishment programme in place which is nearing completion and I will view this with the contractors.

Do try us again when next in the area.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel was good value as it was a reduced price. I was up all night as my room smelt so it kept me up all naught. The hotel us very 1980 with an old tv in the room and furniture, but the bathroom had been refurbished

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jomiller1964
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review.

It is a shame you didn't bring your concerns to us when you were here, thereby allowing us the opportunity to resolve them.

However, your comments are noted.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Although an older Hotel, it has been furnished more than most visited. We were welcomed by the Assistant Manager and his Staff, and they were well organised with sorting rooms etc. The rooms were very clean if not very big, no room for proper wardrobe, but there were four coat hanging spaces. The lift was very efficient but with a couple of coaches was not very big for 140 elderly people. The food was excellent, however the first night the first course of which one was pate, but no toast was served with this. On complaining was informed that everyone had a bread roll, but there were none spare. However the rest of the time the food especially breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: The third floor is better as it stops the noise from the entertainment.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a review following your weekend here in Stoke.

The team will be delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay, and your constructive comments are appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you again when you next visit the area.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have just returned from our first experience of the above and how they do it for the money is beyond me.The food and service was very good especially the breakfast which was outstanding.Ideal location for most places of interest, the one small downfall was the noise from outside the hotel on occasions.We found that the management led by example as far as customer service was concerned ,thank you for a great time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent review.

It is very pleasing to read your generous comments, and I know the team here will be very appreciative.

Do come and see us again when you are next in the area.