a group of us stayed here for a night in late august as we were heading to alton towers the following day. we booked two rooms at £35.00 a room which was a great deal although i wasnt quite sure what to expect. the hotel was easy to find from the main roads and the car parking was free. there are a few buildings adjacent though that look very run down otherwise the hotel is close to the city centre and night life. inside parts of the hotel look good and were well decorated / furnished however other parts need bringing up to date. the receptionist started off well but another member of staff arrived and they started chatting to each other...
the receptionist also took payment for both rooms up front. this wasnt explained on the website when i booked the rooms nor did the receptionist explain this as we stood in front of her. i thought this was a little unusual and ought to have been explained?
the hotel has obviously been extended at some point and is a little rabbit warren like. our rooms were in the"extension" and both over looked a builders yard. the rooms were clean and tidy but again need bringing up to date and a little tlc. having said that there was tea and coffee making facilities, the bathroom was ok and the bed was fine which are the most important factors.
there seems to be an issue with the bedroom doors as they all seem to slam shut which means doors banging shut constantly!! i guess there was no one about through the night as we weren't wakened by slamming doors however i'd have been most un impressed if we had been.
we did have a drink in the hotel bar which was nice but the service could have been better. our rate didn't include breakfast so we didn't eat at the hotel. we had breakfast at tesco supermarket cafe - however i wouldnt recommend this!!
all in all the hotel was adequate for what we needed and at the rate we paid i guess we can't really grumble however i'm not sure i would return and i certainly would'nt book it a higher rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 135 bedroomed hotel is situated in the city centre within walking distance to theatres, shops, casino, restaurants & bars. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, tea & coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones & hairdryers as well as complimentary WIFI access. We boast a superb restaurant, 7 meeting / conference rooms, including two large function rooms which are ideal for hosting parties & wedding receptions. Free wifi access throughout the hotel, guests can also enjoy complimentary use of the hotels leisure facilities which include Heated Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi & fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Quality Inn Stoke On Trent
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke On Trent Stoke-On-Trent/Hanley