After reading some of these reviews on trip advisor I was wondering what to expect and honestly was expecting the worse. However I kept an open mind during my stay.
On Arrival the place does seem to look very tired from the exterior however inside some money has been spent on decorating the hotel. Once I have arrived my room I was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean and again looked like it was in the process of being refurbished.
Positives from my stay:
The night porter on that evening and the waitress who served me was a credit to the company were extremely polite and friendly.
The room from a hygiene point of view was clean and spotless.
The rooms 'looked' like they were beginning to be refurbished which is pleasing to see.
Unfortunately where this hotel lets itself down is with the quality of customer service given by other members of staff at the reception. Upon arrival it was hardly a warm welcoming and a lack of manners. During my stay I had problems with the shower facilities where the water dribbled out at a scorching hot temperature making it impossible to use (guessing a broken thermostat as well as the tap in general. The shower head had seen better days and likewise didn't function properly. Why this wasn't checked before me being issued the room I am not sure why?
Upon checking out I mentioned it to a member of staff on the reception who could honestly not give an absolute dam about the issue. All I got in response was a half hearted, mumbled, no eye contact apology 'Sorry about that' in other establishments they aim to try and solve the issue and satisfy the customer straight away i.e basic manners some sort of gesture of good will, and not just be plain rude about the situation.
The noise levels as it is only single glased windows it was very noisy and consequently I didnt get much sleep at all.
Overall I feel that the price I paid for this room was average (Just) if everything worked! and I am certainly glad I didn't pay the full rate as I would be very bitterly disappointed. If staff were up to the same standards of the night porter and waitress I would say it offers good value for money. However based on the service I have received on first and last impressions it is poor and would contemplate not visiting again due to simply rude staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 135 bedroomed hotel is situated in the city centre within walking distance to theatres, shops, casino, restaurants & bars. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, tea & coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones & hairdryers as well as complimentary WIFI access. We boast a superb restaurant, 7 meeting / conference rooms, including two large function rooms which are ideal for hosting parties & wedding receptions. Free wifi access throughout the hotel, guests can also enjoy complimentary use of the hotels leisure facilities which include Heated Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi & fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Quality Inn Stoke On Trent
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke On Trent Stoke-On-Trent/Hanley