“New Years Eve”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Stoke, United Kingdom
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Hotel rooms clearly being up dated so room was of a good standard. Hotel good value for dinner dance and over night stay. Evening meal was good quality with polite staff and good entertainment. Happy to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer M
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a review following your Hogmanay celebrations here at the Quality Hotel.

We are delighted to read that the amenities were to your liking and that you enjoyed the Gala Dinner and service provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back for next year's event, if not sooner.

Patrick Fitzgerald.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have just come back from a break at this hotel after staying for 1 week over christmas. I found the Hotel to be very clean, The staff & management friendly and helpful, special thanks to Margaret & Prayog... The facilities were superb, i would highly recomend the swimming pool & jacuzzi!! The food was Hot, homemade & well presented which certainly helped us feel nice and full. The staff made my children feel very welcome and nothing appeared to much trouble.
We will definately be returning. Many Thanks

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emilia G
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting a review following your Christmas holiday here at the Quality Hotel.

We are delighted to read that you and your family had a relaxing time and enjoyed the facilities to the full.

Your generous comments will be shared with all the team and will be much appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again on a future occasion.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I came on a work visit and my sister came along for company, I thought the hotel was fantastic, considering it was a 3*, I think it deserves more, got use of the pool and sauna and Jacuzzi free, staff all very friendly, I was pleasantly surprised, I stayed due to how good the quality hotel in Peterborough is.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 574GemmaC
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your review following your recent stay.

It is good to read that you and your sister enjoyed your stay and found time to make use of our leisure facilities which are complimentary for all guests here at the Quality Hotel. Your comments regarding the friendliness of the team will be shared with them.

We hope to see you again on any future visit.

Stoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a very enjoyable night here on New Years Eve. The hotel was really good value for a dinner dance and overnight stay with breakfast in the morning. The party room looked fantastic and both the food and service were really good. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie B
Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your recent posting.

We are delighted to read that you had a great time welcoming in the New Year here at the Quality Hotel.

Your kind comments will be shared with the team and we look forward to seeing you again here for the Hogmanay celebrations next December.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014

After reading some of these reviews on trip advisor I was wondering what to expect and honestly was expecting the worse. However I kept an open mind during my stay.
On Arrival the place does seem to look very tired from the exterior however inside some money has been spent on decorating the hotel. Once I have arrived my room I was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean and again looked like it was in the process of being refurbished.

Positives from my stay:
The night porter on that evening and the waitress who served me was a credit to the company were extremely polite and friendly.
The room from a hygiene point of view was clean and spotless.
The rooms 'looked' like they were beginning to be refurbished which is pleasing to see.

Negatives:
Unfortunately where this hotel lets itself down is with the quality of customer service given by other members of staff at the reception. Upon arrival it was hardly a warm welcoming and a lack of manners. During my stay I had problems with the shower facilities where the water dribbled out at a scorching hot temperature making it impossible to use (guessing a broken thermostat as well as the tap in general. The shower head had seen better days and likewise didn't function properly. Why this wasn't checked before me being issued the room I am not sure why?
Upon checking out I mentioned it to a member of staff on the reception who could honestly not give an absolute dam about the issue. All I got in response was a half hearted, mumbled, no eye contact apology 'Sorry about that' in other establishments they aim to try and solve the issue and satisfy the customer straight away i.e basic manners some sort of gesture of good will, and not just be plain rude about the situation.

The noise levels as it is only single glased windows it was very noisy and consequently I didnt get much sleep at all.

Overall I feel that the price I paid for this room was average (Just) if everything worked! and I am certainly glad I didn't pay the full rate as I would be very bitterly disappointed. If staff were up to the same standards of the night porter and waitress I would say it offers good value for money. However based on the service I have received on first and last impressions it is poor and would contemplate not visiting again due to simply rude staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JKirkham6
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to read that you experienced a lack of customer care from the receptionist who you took the time to report the problem with your shower. This is unacceptable and I will address the matter with the Reception Manager.
As you say, it is a pity that this attitude let down the other team members who did offer good customer service.
Your constructive comments are appreciated and will be acted upon, and I do hope that you will visit us again, despite this experience.
Patrick Fitzgerald.

Travellers are raving about these Hanley hotels

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay here over Christmas. All the staff were really friendly and helpful and even opened up the pool for us on Christmas Day when it was su ppose to be closed.

Christmas dinner was really good, there was a choice of Turkey, gammon and beef. There was plenty of it too. The chef was really cheerful serving us the meat. The hotel decorated the tables with festive candles and sparkles and provided Christmas crackers and Christmas hats for everyone to wear. And we were able to have a lovely latte/coffee afterwards.

We were a large party of 21 people and 3 dogs. The hotel allowed us to use the lobby and a private room so that we could socialise after our dinner.

The bar stayed open until 11pm and the manager regularly came in to check if everything was ok.

We had an evening buffet that consisted of sandwiches, chips and pizza, all of which was lovely too.

Our room smelt like fresh paint and looked like it had recently been refurbished. The bed was fresh and clean and all the sheets were bright white and pressed. The towels were the same. There was also a new carpet in the room. Future improvements the hotel could make would be to update the tv's and maybe the cabinates, but that was nothing major.

The shower was a bit hard to find the right temperature but was fine when we did!

On our way home now and feel on a real high- we had a brilliant brilliant time at The Quality Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Lyndsey_Liverpool_7
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review following on from the Christmas festivities.

We are delighted to read that your stay here over the festive period was enjoyable, and that the team made you and your family feel so welcome. Equally, we all shared in that enjoyment and were happy to see that all of your group had such a good time.

Your kind comments will be shared with the team, and we hope to see you all again next year.

Regards,
Patrick fitzgerald.
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Family Xmas meal, less than festive. few streamers and crackers but absolutely no music or atmosphere and bar doesn't serve coffee. No menu out, so had to wait for waitress to offer our 2 options.When serving, both sides of the table were served from one place by leaning across the table instead of going round. After starters half our pates were cleared and half left. Our dessert orders were taken, with "I know it's a bit early, but....", then a few minutes later desserts were served - WE HADN'T EVEN HAD OUR MAINS and soup bowls were still on table. We weren't directed to fetch our mains so after sitting for a while we took it upon our selves to go up. Choice of 2 desserts, but the chocolate torte we were offered was actually a chocolate mousse. The waiter dropped some plates, picked up the large bits and left all the shards on the floor. Not ideal with small children in the room and ladies with open toe shoes. No Santa this year, the waiter gave out the kids presents and no coffee and mince pies unless we paid extra. Before we'd even finished, the lights were dimmed and the 3 waiting on staff were leaning on the servery, arms folded, clearly waiting for us to leave. Eventually we were told to go into the bar so they could clear the table. There wasn't even anyone serving in the bar. We have been here for other Xmas meals and had Santa, music, mince pies and a good festive atmosphere but this time I can honestly say I've never felt so unwelcome and like we're inconveniencing people by being there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alyson L
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to read of your disappointment with the Sunday lunch.

There seems to be some confusion regarding the style of service on this occasion. The brochure clearly states that it is a Family Christmas Carvery which was served on the day. Indeed, the Restaurant Supervisor reminded you of this when you were placing your families presents on a side table.
Because of the size and length of your table some plates had to be removed from the front. Only the side plated were cleared after the first course.
Presents were provided for all children, although were not advertised.
Coffee and mince pies were listed as an extra. At the end of your meal, which did have festive music playing in the background, you requested, and were served this extra. Also, bar service was available at all times.
Patrick Fitzgerald.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke on Trent Moat House
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!