“Excellent location and reasonable value”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Reviewed 27 January 2014

If you need a reasonably priced hotel in the heart of the Potteries then you should consider the Quality Hotel. The location is a stone's throw from the city centre. My room was warm, well equipped and comfortable. The modern bathroom provided plentiful hot water and clean towels. The staff were helpful and friendly. The free wi-fi was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard H
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Richard H

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, without more reviews we can't get our name out there, and being so close to Alton Towers, we offer some great deals for the summer months,

We are only about 5 minutes walk (if that) from the main shopping area of Hanley with all the normal shops, there are Cafe's, inside & outdoor Markets most days.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon .

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed Friday the 24th for one evening, due to a gig we were attending at the Sugarmill.
I was a little worried about the hotel due to prior reviews, however as an experienced reviewer know there are a lot of people that expect a lot for peanuts.

The hotel is literally right on the nightlife strip and 2 minutes away from the Sugarmill Live music venue. This off course brings its problems due to some nosy people throughout the night. Nevertheless we didn't mind as we were expecting this.

Upon checking in the Receptionist was friendly enough, if you come by car please do not forget to put your car reg in the system when you arrive at Reception.

We were assigned room 210 which was nice enough with a Flat screen 32 inch TV a bathroom with a bath, my only gripe is the spring bed could be of better quality and firm pillows should be offered.

The hotel has free Wifi and leisure facilities.

Please dont expect the Waldorf, however this a great budget hotel, xlose to the nightlife and shopping.

I paid in total £25 for one night, you simply cant go wrong with that!

Please dont listen to some of the negative reviews, they were obviously expecting the world for pennies!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robben1985

Dear robben1985

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor,

It is really nice to read such good comments regarding whole Hotel from Check in to Check out,

Yes last week we decided to have a One week Bedroom sale and so many people took the offers up we will be looking to do it again soon,

I do like you comment that don't expect the Waldorf, but I agree we have a very friendly hotel and friendly staff.

We look forward to welcoming back again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Stayed overnight on business. The hotel looks rather grand from outside and service from the outset was very good. Room was good size but some irritations. No shelf in bathroom for toiletries only place was precariously on the top of the toilet. Only one lamp out of three were working. Pool and steam room were a good standard just a bit dated. Locker room could do with updating though.food in the bar was nice. Just one last issue. 11.95 for breakfast is rather steep!all in all though a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear hammered70

Firstly many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor,

Sorry you had some issues with the Lamps in your room, I hope they got sorted once you called reception, as we have housekeeping on till 10pm everynight

Thank you for your good comments, I have passed these onto my team,

When we took over the hotel we decided to put the Breakfast at £11.95 if you just come down in the morning but if you advise reception the night prior then you get the Breakfast at £9.95, I must say though Breakfast is what most people are complimenting us on.

My team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the hotel soon

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have recently stayed at the Quality with a large group of my work colleagues. Reception were always incredibility friendly and very efficient. My room had been refurbished. Very comfy bed, nice furniture and a good sized clean bath room with plenty of hot water. House Keeping were excellent and never intrusive. The hotel has a great bar with very reasonable prices. Special mention to Michael for the night bar service and for being so good to my group. I had a couple of bar meals , which were very well priced and good home cooked food. The Hotel is quirky because of its age - but that adds to the charm , a hotel is only as good as its staff which makes the quality excellent and I really look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TheatreTravel2010
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear TheatreTravel2010,

Thank you for your review on our hotel,

It is always nice to get good comments but even nicer when you name a member of staff for outstanding service, I have passed your comments over to Michael (he thanks you)

We do aim to offer good value food and beverage along with good value rooms = Good Stays and return customers,

When you return we have just changed our bar menu and the feedback we are getting is really good,

We are looking forward to you and your group retuning to the hotel when you are next working at the Theatre in Stoke on Trent.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Reception were very friendly.

The room was clean and warm.

Yet again, the room service man who answered the phone failed to be prepared to take my order. You always have a pen ready for something like that. Every takeaway that I have ever rang up was ready to take my order.

The showers were appalling and barely worked.

Had to go to reception to see if there was going to be someone serving me at reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve_Bowden

Dear Steve_Bowden

Firstly thank you for your review on trip advisor,

I have spoken to the Operations Manager regarding the Room Service order taking procedure and this has now been resolved, there is a pen and pad by the phone in the bar and restaurant,

I have also passed your comments onto my maintenance team in regards to your shower, it may have been the case that there was a air lock in the pipes this does sometimes happen as the hotel is an old building, but we will get to the bottom of the issue.

Next time you stay I'm sure you will find a big difference.

Oncen again thank you for your review

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. It was a resounding success.
It may not be as elegant as some. But for the price this is probably the best value hotel in Stoke.The room was comfortable with all usual facilities. Breakfast was as good as any I have had in many 4 star hotels.The hot food was "hot". Well done to the chef. Had two dinners in the restaurant. Each time the restaurant manageress could not do enough to help. Special thanks to her. Car parking is free. Overall, a very pleasant experience. A hotel easily underestimated in a busy city..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank W0rthyTraveller
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear W0rthyTraveller;

Many thanks for your positive comments regarding your stay,

I have passed your comments on to my team for them to share,

Our aim is to offer our customers, good food, service and overall stay including Free Car parking (you must enter your car reg into the system at reception), Free Wifi all at an affordable price.

My team and myself look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

For the money I paid to stay in this hotel it was incredible value for money, the sub £40 charge included parking for the night which is listed as £10, access to the swimming pool and gymnasium which is not much to write home about but functional. The room was clean and adequate for my requirements and the bathroom appears to be recently renovated and had again all of the functional requirements required. The room was little noisy and the building is quite old but again for the money you really can't complain.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Warwick B
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent business trip visit.

As you mention, the Quality Hotel offers excellent value for money in a central location, with the added bonus of free parking and a leisure facility.

We hope to see you again when you are next in the area.

Best regards,
Patrick Fitzgerald.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!