“TERRIBLE REVIEWS ARE TRUE - DO NOT RISK IT!!!!!!”

Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hanley
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Checked in to this hotel last week and ended up calling our booking agent to get moved. This place is disgusting, mould on the bathroom ceiling, rooms thick with dust and so old fashioned!!

I was definitely worried after reading other peoples reviews but looked at the website and thought it looked okay, the pics on the web must be another hotel, certainly not this one.

I complained to the hotel and got a really defensive response back from the manager, basically disagreeing with my comments and saying that everyone else loves the place ( I doubt it very much) we even met people in the lift who went out of their way to talk about how horrible the hotel is....

Trust the majority of the comments on here please, wouldn't wish this on anyone!!!

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank CS84109
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,

As mentioned, you had already been in contact with us recently.

I disagree that our response was defensive, in fact it was factual. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, including those customers who have posted positive comments in the last 4 months following the management changes.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent

Reviewed 27 February 2014

After reading other ppls reviews was not sure what to expect but very happy with everything our room was lovely and clean plus bathroom spot on really swimming pool was fab hot tub was Defo hot and location is just perfect nothing is to far atall can't say anything bout the good as never eat there we always eat out but Defo would recommend you go stay there .

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Kizzy93
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

We are delighted to read that you had such a good time and that you found the location to be convenient for the local entertainment venues.

It was good to see that you took time to enjoy the leisure facilities here also.

On your next visit why not try the food on offer which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here over a weekend for a family birthday and for the money that was paid, it was exactly as expected or better. Yes it's a dated building but our room was very clean and had the basics that you need, bed, clean shower and unlike so hotels. Well placed plugs and mirrors. Plenty of parking and in a location that's easy to get around.
I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dinglenoam
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your recent posting following your weekend here when attending a family celebration.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again here on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014

on arriving at the hotel,we were greeted by the receptionist staff,who took time to speak to us n our kids,we stayed in the family room,which was clean but during our stay,the cleaners did'nt do their job proper,no toilet paper n dirty cups were left in the room but was dealt with quickly by Lisa who was on at the reception desk.certain staff need to learn to greet their customers,the manangers never spoke to us once or even smiled,which is bad manners,infact the only staff who were nice, where the reception staff and the lady n gentleman,who were their every morning in the breakfast room,breakfast food was lovely n was worth getting up early for..lol..they need to work on the food menu,we only ate one nite during our stay,food defo not worth the money n the staff who served us our meal,they really do need to get some manners.family hotel but nothing apart from swimming pool their for kids,on going to reception desk,they were given some drawing stuff from the lady,who was named Lisa,to which the kids loved...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jeanvan

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your recent posting.

Lisa will be very pleased to read your review, and indeed the previous one posted from the same weekend which you will have been expecting.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed 5 nights in a family room with my husband and 2 kids rooms ok but dust in the rooms were disgraceful when we arrived the lovely lady at the desk Lisa was more than welcoming she had plenty of time for the kids explained were everything was so we went to the room 2 out of the 3 lamps were not working we were looking onto a roof. Pool was good for the kids but that's all they had for children then again Lisa at the desk gave the kids paper and pencils which they loved. Breky was lovely every morning until I seen the cook lick a napkin to moist it then proceed to wipe the bacon tray I could not believe my eyes. The cleaners need to be retrained as the dusting and carpets were not done on a daily base. We ordered food 1 night out the 5 if you like food heated in the micro for £8 then you would
Love it the kids menu was ok until we went to order the food at the bar to find out the menu had changed 2week before and nobody had informed the bar so what the kids wanted they couldn't get apart from all that what made our stay good was Lisa and a comfy bed .

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank mmartin1973
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

Your constructive comments will be relayed to the relevant departmental managers for actioning as guest feedback is important to us.

We hope to see you again on a future visit to Stoke.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Although the hotel was dated, I thought that the room was exceptionally clean and the staff pleasant enough, however our room was at the front overlooking a club, and takeaway and we were awake on the hour every hour by the noise coming from the street below, late night revellers, numerous taxis peeping, fights an absolute nightmare, and to make things even worse we had to keep the windows open as the heating system was like something from the last century.
We complained to reception but was not in the least bit interested.

Room Tip: Dont book a room on the front
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stevencook2014
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Many thanks for posting your recent review.

I am sorry to read that your stay was spoiled by street noise on Saturday night, particularly from private hire vehicles and their clients. I am in discussion with the local authorities regarding this matter with a view to resolving the issue.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed here for a few nights. On different occasions. All booked via Late Rooms.com
The Receptionists are all very polite. The first room I was given was not nice at all. There was a nasty smell of cigarette smoke. The rooms itself was dated and a little tatty. The lights wouldn't work. I informed the receptionist, who immediately, allocated me a different room. What a nice surprise. The room was much nicer, cleaner looking and quite modern. There was fresh bedding and towels. Gleaming white, which is always nice. The tv had most various channels. An iron and ironing board and hair dryer were in the room. Tea and coffee making . The room was nice and quiet. The second check in ~ I was given yet again a lovely twin room. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a loud party going on in the next room. This disturbed my sleep. When I mentioned it to the receptionist. She said that I should have rang reception and they would have dealt with the noise. - The third check in. Again . I was given a lovely room, opposite them gym. I think this room was was by far the largest. I did use the gym on this occasion. The gym is fully equipped but slightly dated. I also felt, the gym needed cooling down a bit, as I struggled with the heat. But on the whole, a great facility. The swimming pool was close by and looked very inviting. The staff member in the gym was very helpful too. Back to the room. The rooms had heating with temperature control. I am quite nesh but the room was hot enough for me. The shower worked well and the bath took seconds to fill. Nice when your in a rush. The bathroom had heated towel rack. There is an ironing room on the second floor if you are not supplied an iron in your room. Fourth check in. The room was not so nice but was very clean. A little dated. The radiator didn't work. So I informed the receptionist, who immediately supplied a portable electric heater. The room soon became warmer. On the whole. A nice hotel with helpful staff. A little dated but provided everything you should need.

Room Tip: Ask to see a couple of rooms. Don't just accept the first room you are given. The rooms do diffe...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank jacquelinebrierwood
Patrick F, General Manager at Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your comments following your four stays here at the Quality Hotel.

We are pleased to read that overall each visit has been enjoyable, and that you found the team here to be friendly, helpful and responded to your requests.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

Patrick Fitzgerald.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanley
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House
#2 of 5 in Stone
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#2 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent? Share your experiences!