We stayed in this hotel on Fri 26th and Sat 27th March 10. We were booked in as part of a group of 80 people attending for a Engineers Assoc. AGM and dinner. We read the reviews a few weeks before we went, and as the rooms sounded so awful, we booked what they call an "Executive Room", paying an extra £30 for this. Admittedly this was in the newer part of hotel, so we did not hear too much of the noise "out front". But what a joke for an executive room!
A tear in the bed valance, uncomfortable bed, no glasses/plastic cups in bathroom, peanuts still on the floor from previous occupants, 1/3 of a toilet roll left on bathroom counter (what if we had a problem?) the two empty rolls were just left in their holders.
The final straw for us, was that on Sun morning there was no hot only cold to tepid water from our shower!!
The noise from the front of hotel even woke us up during the night at the back. Later we heard at breakfast from others, the noise was awful during the night. As previous reviewers have said, it is in a rundown part of town with a gentlemans club (stainless steel building, looks like public toilets) two casinos and lots of takeaways. Apparently, usually the police move on the taxi drivers at 12.30, but on Sat they did not and claxton horns were blaring till 6am calling the punters out the clubs. There was a lot of drunkeness revellry as well.
The hotel offer a "commitment to your satisfaction" so the cards in the rooms say. Not in this particular hotel!! No effort made!!! Even the carpark is subsiding, with areas coned off, the barrier is no longer there to exit, making it unsecure, there are no security cameras either.
So altogether, I agree with other reviewers, avoid this hotel, it is not cheap, there are much better hotels. We have stayed in lots of hotels in UK and abroad, this one is the worst. Travelodges are cleaner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 135 bedroomed hotel is situated in the city centre within walking distance to theatres, shops, casino, restaurants & bars. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, tea & coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones & hairdryers as well as complimentary WIFI access. We boast a superb restaurant, 7 meeting / conference rooms, including two large function rooms which are ideal for hosting parties & wedding receptions. As well as free car parking & wifi access throughout the hotel, guests can also enjoy complimentary use of the hotels leisure facilities which include Heated Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi & fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Superbreak UK and Hotels.com so you can book your Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Quality Inn Stoke On Trent
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke On Trent Stoke-On-Trent/Hanley