Quality Inn
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$71
George Hotel(Burslem)
US$53
Borough Arms Hotel(Newcastle-under-Lyme)
US$77
Travelodge Newcastle-under-Lyme Central(Newcastle-under-Lyme)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Stoke-on-Trent(Stoke-on-Trent)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
1,292 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessauna and steam roomtown centrefree car parkleisure clubbad reviewsexcellent value for moneynightlifepotteries
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed in this hotel on Fri 26th and Sat 27th March 10. We were booked in as part of a group of 80 people attending for a Engineers Assoc. AGM and dinner. We read the reviews a few weeks before we went, and as the rooms sounded so awful, we booked what they call an "Executive Room", paying an extra £30 for this. Admittedly this was in the newer part of hotel, so we did not hear too much of the noise "out front". But what a joke for an executive room!
A tear in the bed valance, uncomfortable bed, no glasses/plastic cups in bathroom, peanuts still on the floor from previous occupants, 1/3 of a toilet roll left on bathroom counter (what if we had a problem?) the two empty rolls were just left in their holders.
The final straw for us, was that on Sun morning there was no hot only cold to tepid water from our shower!!
The noise from the front of hotel even woke us up during the night at the back. Later we heard at breakfast from others, the noise was awful during the night. As previous reviewers have said, it is in a rundown part of town with a gentlemans club (stainless steel building, looks like public toilets) two casinos and lots of takeaways. Apparently, usually the police move on the taxi drivers at 12.30, but on Sat they did not and claxton horns were blaring till 6am calling the punters out the clubs. There was a lot of drunkeness revellry as well.
The hotel offer a "commitment to your satisfaction" so the cards in the rooms say. Not in this particular hotel!! No effort made!!! Even the carpark is subsiding, with areas coned off, the barrier is no longer there to exit, making it unsecure, there are no security cameras either.
So altogether, I agree with other reviewers, avoid this hotel, it is not cheap, there are much better hotels. We have stayed in lots of hotels in UK and abroad, this one is the worst. Travelodges are cleaner!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth526
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel last weekend with my brother. We were in Stoke for a leisure weekend. We're from Holland. The room was good. It was clean and there was enough space for both of us. The staff was very friendly too. Breakfast was good as well. And alltought a full english breakfast is not our cup of tea we enjoyed it. The location of the hotel is perfect. The nightlife area is in the same street as the hotel. So for us that was very handy. We could leave our coat in the hotel when leaving for the nightlife! The Potteries shopping centre is also on walking distance. Good centre. Overall I think I can recommend this hotel to people who want great value for their money. I enjoyed Stoke on Trent and the hotel very much.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dutch1981
Reviewed 14 March 2010

You really know you are in England staying at this hotel. Funny hallways, weird shaped rooms, tiny bedrooms and bathrooms.
The hotel was full with coach tour seniors. The first booking I could get for dinner was 7.30 and I really should not have bothered the food was appalling
I went for a bit of a walk around but the hotel is in quite a dodgy area.
The one positive thing is the staff were lovely.
I think the rooms had a damp problem in the past that has been patched up with a really bad decorating job.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank AussieAnge
Reviewed 25 February 2010

On my first visit, I had to move rooms, due to the thread bare carpet, and the bath's hot tap not working. The food was expensive, small and basic. DO NOT GO IN JULY, as there is no air-con in the small south facing rooms, and the room barometer was showing 28 degrees. I returned my evening meal twice due to the quality, then the burned replacement.
This time I was given a much better room over the Sports complex, but no surprises, there was a build-up of dust in the chair edges, the bath and soap dispensers where empty and dirty, bathroom tiles grout was brown, as was the floor in the most used area's. Bathroom Sealant must have been applied to the framework and bath in the dark. Dirt had built up in most corners of the bathroom, and when you get out of the shallow bath, you will hit your arm on the bubble bath dispenser. I left both dispensers out to be replaced, and on my return found a wafer thin bar of soap and one of the empty ones back on the wall over the bath. The beds had a springy top mattress that would move left to right each time you moved on it, but where able to be comfortable.
Not enough plug sockets in the room to charge mobile phone and laptop, but you did have a fridge, an empty fridge,and no spoon to remove teabags (details, details).
You quickly understood why the pleasant looking restaurant was always empty, on ordering our shared starter and main courses we figured it was because we was charged £10 for a shared platter of melted cheese and two small plastic tubs with dips salsa and mayo I guess, a chopped Jalapeno pepper and a bag of tortilla's chucked together in a large dessert bowl. The fish and chips (£10) looked like a ready meal from Birds Eye. I swear I heard a microwave go ping just before it arrived at my table.
Breakfast in the restaurant was the worst ever, they have a list of people who have ordered breakfast, so they would know how much to cook, but on arrival, no eggs(or scrambled), sausages, toast, yogurts. porridge, and when it did arrive it was all gone by the time I got to the buffet, unbelievable. Next morning I sat next to the buffet, but skipped the eggs as they swam around the container, and the sausages looked unappealing.
I've stayed in many a Premier Inn and even one or two Travelodges, but this hotel is the pits. Premier Inn has set the bar, it might as well be in the clouds to what this hotel can muster.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank DevonRoyal
Reviewed 21 February 2010

half term alton towers break would not give this hotel 1 star never mind been called quality hotel rooms appalling standard ,,i asked if we had budget room but said no all the rooms were of high standard what a laugh.... stained walls and ceiling ripped carpets very dated bathroom nothing worked in the room ,,,,breakfast very average but no organisation waited for plates waited for cups waited for milk ............. never again

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family