“Been Eating here for 30yrs!”
Review of Jaflong Curry

Jaflong Curry
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hanley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Northampton UK
“Been Eating here for 30yrs!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I had my first curry here in my early 20s and still use it now when i am in the area 30 yrs on. Good tasty food and helpful staff with reasonable prices. Try it, you will be glad you did.

2 Thank starstationearth

“Really nice night”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for a works meal on March, there was around 30 of us, and the staff were all attentive to both us and other guests; food came through quickly even with the high volume of us, and the food was lovely. I'd definitely go there again!

1 Thank StevieJo89
“It's good... In fact, it's very good.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Ok... I'll get straight to the point - I like the Jaflong.

But what is it about this uninspiring looking Indian restaurant, in a run down area of Hanley?

Well, it's not the decor. Whilst generally clean and acceptable, it certainly doesn't offer any pizazz and definitely lacks the wow factor. It's quaint, has an authentic, pleasant atmosphere, but there's no denying a bit of modernisation wouldn't go a miss.

So why have I visited this place almost weekly for over 20 years? Why does it have so many regulars, many of whom have been visiting longer than myself?

Well, it's cheap! But that's just a bonus, because if the prices went up 20% I'd still go regularly. The service is very hospitable and welcoming; but I've visited fine dining venues where service truly excels.

The reason I love this place is simply the food. I've been to numerous Indian restaurants (dozens in Stoke, many in Birmingham, Manchester and Rusholme) and this is quite simply the best tasting Indian food I've eaten. Yes, I've had some excellent food elsewhere, but this is the most consistent, fresh and flavoursome. The portion sizes are good and certainly value for money. But I can't emphasise enough just how good the food is here. If you like a curry that's full-flavoured, rich and delicious then you won't be disappointed.

Don't be put off by the uninspiring exterior - because there is a hidden gem inside!

Visited April 2014
5 Thank TenaciousADJ
“Lovely food everytime”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Been here loads of times, by far the best Indian in Hanley. Food is lovely every time. I usually have the same thing every time I visit but fancied a change tonight so had some thing different and it was still yummy. We were the only people in tonight which was a shame because I can't fault them on anything!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sam7541
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and very friendly service”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We visited last night as a last minute night out.we had never been before even though we live in Hanley. The decor is dated but the place is very clean.we had chicken tikka masalla whic was the best we had ever had.will definitely be returning.thanks for a lovely night

• Visited March 2014