“fabulous food and staff”
Review of Portofino - Hanley

Portofino - Hanley
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino - Hanley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Hanley
Price range: US$14 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Portofino Hanley focuses on serving Italian classics in a space that is simple yet polished. The menu focuses on Italian cooking catering for a wide variety of diets & tastes. Come say ciao and join us at Portofino Hanley where you will be served by our friendly staff. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a relaxing dinner with friends and family, we have plenty of fresh, authentic meals to choose from on our a la carte menu and daily specials.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

my girlfriend (now fiance ) visited portofino on saturday evening june 7th...
I have to thank Sydney and each and every member of the staff for making our night perfect.....with the help of the staff we carried out operation "proposal"....
The food was gorgeous..
The staff were helpfull...fun...and just superb...!!!
I cant thank all concerned enough.....
Amazing food....Amazing staff...........

3  Thank djkleiny

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Came here the other day while staying at faulty towers (North Stafford Hotel).
Food was beautiful, so much flavour and nicely presented.
Good prices and good service.
and AMAZING home-made sauce. I forgot the name, but it was on the side next to my calzone, Wish i could have got a jar and take it home, it was the best i;ve tasted!
Would definitely recommend this little beauty. Just don't judge the area, looks a bit run down and a little intimidating if your not from the area, which we are not, but this place is a little gem!

2  Thank Kerryl0uise
Reviewed 29 May 2014

very much pasta only , if you want genuine anti-pasta & Italian meats and fish dishes like they do in Italy!!! not here, but it is a good quality British restaurant with good service,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We often go to portofinos from work at a lunchtime as you can pre order & the food is always ready which is a god send when your on a strict hour lunch. Good value too

1  Thank Shannigan
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the outside Portofino Restaurant could be a lovely Italian oasis in rather run down surroundings.
Although the waitress was nice enough, the food was awful. My starter was supposed to be stuffed garlic mushrooms but came as mush of breadcrumbs and was barely edible. My partner had prawns which were more shell than prawn. My mains was again a sickly creamy mush and my partners sea food pasta was a joke. The mussels in shells on the top were squiggles of greyish meat.
The prices weren't exactly cheap either so give this one a miss!

1  Thank jillyw53