“Well worth missing the Brazil game”
Review of Portofino - Hanley

Portofino - Hanley
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino - Hanley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Hanley
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Well worth missing the Brazil game”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Surprised my girlfriend with an evening out to celebrate her new job. Everything was just right from the amount of time we were left alone to enjoy each other’s company to the settling of the bill.
Friendly staff and great food, Cozze alla Marinara followed by Pollo Amalfi Grattinato and the homemade Tiramisu. The penne with steak was also fantastic and the garlic bread with cheese deserves a food group of its own! Remember to look at the back of the menu for more of the same.
Nice little touches on the table, breadsticks and crayons for either working out the bill or drawing pictures of each other!
Definitely returning and would recommend to all.

2 Thank Andy L

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“Saturday night tea”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for a early tea,and was not disappointed service efficient and friendly but sometimes a little to efficient because early and quiet.food good half went for early bird menu which was good value for money my only quibble was I would have liked more Melba toast with my pâté.other half had lasagne and chicken and chips from the menu lasagne good chicken a little tough,deserts excellent homemade pannacotta and tiramisu .

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Mandy H
“Brilliant place for lunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and two friends went here for lunch on 17th June as it was one of my friends birthday. At lunch time there is a normal lunch menu and a set menu where a starter and main will cost £12.95. We all had mushroom & tarragon soup to start which had been freshly made and was delicious. Two of us had the fusilli julienne pasta dish which had plenty of vegetables in it (peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, olives & baby tomatoes) in a basil oil and was scrumptious. My other friend had the lasagne which she said was gorgeous. The portion sizes are generous and good value for money. You can have nice wine by the glass. The service came with a smile and was very promt and professional. Good service is a bonus at lunchtime where you are on limited time and have got to get back to work. Will definitely be back and will be recommending to others.

2 Thank Lez M
Stoke-On-Trent
“First time here, won't be the last!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Me and my friends went for a meal here last night. From the word go all staff were so helpful, even from the online booking form which was easy to use, i was contacted quickly and Sydney also helped me with a few of my queries regarding a drinks menu. We were allowed to choose our seats and were given ample time to choose drinks and food without the staff being overbearing! My friend had the salmone en croute and I had the tagliatelle rusticana with salmon and caviar. My friend enjoyed her meal and mine was so delicious and something a bit different from your "standard" Italian. We were so full after our mains, due to the portion sizes, that we shared a dessert of mocha panna cotta which was to die for! All finished off with a reasonably priced bottle of prosecco which was opened for us, kept cool at the side of the table and our glasses refilled for us (that was a nice touch)! I would recommend this place to others and also will be returning myself in the future. Some constructive criticism would be that the bathrooms need a bit of a re-vamp but that is entirely cosmetic. Overall, beautiful decor in the restaurant, delicious food and friendly and professional staff - what more could you ask for!

2 Thank FoodieStoke_On_Trent
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“First class food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

A great little restaurant to visit in hanley. We have been going to portofino's for a few years now for lunch and I can tell you that the quality is to the same standard as the evening meal. My partner is vegetarian and she has a good choice from the menu. Food is all freshly cooked and well presented , and the price is sensible for what you get. We have tried quite a few local Italians , but we keep on finding our way back to this little jewel in the Nile. We will go back soon. Give the apple pancakes a go for a sweet , they are the best !

3 Thank Stephen D