“Disgusting service.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Hanley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As I visited Cineworld with my friend to watch Deadpool 2 we were greeted with a young woman, about in her 20’s, who had a frown on her face and as she spoke she seemed to use no manners or any basic etiquette, we asked politely for “Two tickets to Deadpool please,” at this point she looks up as if she was about to turn into the hulk and then she snarled ‘I need ID from you’ besides the fact that me and my friend are definitely not 14 seeing as it is a 15 film or I would not be writing this, we do not look young for our age, we weren’t too upset by the fact that we were asked for ID but the way she did it was: peremptory, inconsiderate, unsympathetic, and to make it worse would be the fact that she was unbelievably overweening, boastful and arrogant about the fact the fact that she asked us for ID and was very unbelievably unsympathetic, for us because we didn’t have any ID, there was no ‘sorry,’ there was no sympathy at all, the only thing me and my friend got was a woman with no manners and no basic etiquette just saying that ‘You need ID’ in this whole conversation there was not one word of politeness or of kindness, no manners at all. She looked at us as if she tried, but failed, to be some sort of higher-being and almost laughing at us. I offered a type of ID but all I got back was “Oh, you’ve probably just changed it outside.”

It seems like Cineworld needs to teach some of their employees basic manners!

Leigh W, Manager at Cineworld, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Kian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would be very interested to look into your visit however would require some information from you. If you are willing please email the date and time of your visit to Stoke.cinema@cineworld.co.uk. Also if you brought this matter to the attention of any member of the management team on site I would be interested in any feedback if you indeed did so.

All reviews
"cinema visit"
"cinema seats"
"modern cinema"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really like this place, always clean and tidy.
I think they should have more staff on the tills to speed things up a bit more, that’s my only negative.
Good leg room and good screens.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came to see a 330pm showing ..
Inside is stunning ...very spacious and very clean
The toilets were spotless

Only one lad on the counter and he looked like he didn't really want to be there
The two other staff were deep in conversation at the desk where u enter the screens. I gave him my tickets whilst he insisted on carrying on his conversation with his fellow work colleague

The prices for food and snacks are outrageous so took our own as A LOT cheaper ! When your paying for three adults it soon mounts up !!

The seats are very comfy and plenty of leg room !

Only downside is trailers go on for half an hour before the film but that's standard

Shall return but with my meerkat vouchers next time

Reviewed 7 June 2018

we went for our granddaughters birthday party and we had a very good time the organisation was good as was the film