“Brilliant”

Hungry Horse - Chatterley Whitfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Tunstall
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Ive been here loads and always had a lovely meal, nicepolite, staff, very helpful manageress, nicest pub in the area

“Very rude staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The food was good, the value for money was good, although some of the offers weren't very clear on the days they were on. The TV booths were right next to the kitchens and we found it very loud, staff were shouting, swearing at the tops of their voices and just generally not considering the customers. It's a shame as this pub is in a prime location, and many of the reviews will not be returning or some may have returned a few times and are still experiencing the same atmosphere, many pubs are closing down and think the manager so consider who they are employing !!!!

4 Thank Amanda C
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Great value breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had the full breakfast at only £3.49, good value, you even get free coffee/tea refill which is fantastic. Service was quick, staff were polite and checked several times that everything was ok.
We have had several other meals at different times of the day when they have been extremely busy, the service was still quick and staff were polite and obliging.
For a value for money meal this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2014
Sale, England, United Kingdom
“Rubbish food, service lacking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

after going to several other hungry horse pubs we decided to try this one. have to say we were very disappointed, the food was barely warm and when we asked for a fresh meal, we were looked at as if we were mad. Yes it is a cheap meal out but hardly value for money. Go to theCherry Tree in Newcastle it's 1000 times better!

6 Thank Kate B
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I called in with my family after a great day out and thought we'd finish the day off with a pub meal instead of cooking. We hadn't been to the pub since it had opened so really wanted to give it a try as it's local to us.
First impressions weren't great as the member of staff who served me barely acknowledged I was there and I felt like I was an inconvenience. We took our drinks outside as it was so nice and it is Queenie out there.
Now I will say that the woman who served us was polite enough and the food was as you'd expect in any of the various similar chain pubs but what will put me off returning was the bar staff. Each time I went to the bar I was either ignored, left waiting while people who came in after me were served or basically scowled at. Customer service is a lot to me and if I treated people I work for the same way as I was here I'd expect a complaint to my office.
Shame really as it's quite a nice pub but I'll go elsewhere

5 Thank potter07