Having been reading the reviews before arrival, I was worried... But then I thought, why should I be? I paid for cheap, I didn't pay for the ritz! I checked in to the hotel with no issues whilst my sister sat and waited for me in the car. The girl on the desk was very helpful and I didn't have any of the issues that others seemed to have. The room was big enough for the two of us and even though we were right next to the train line, the trains hardly made a sound. The bathroom was fine, did the job, the beds were comfortable enough, only problem was the stale smoke smell but that was soon rectified once I had sprayed the air a few times with a spray I had in my bag. I was on a trip and this was the third and final hotel before going home and I had a better night sleep here than anywhere else. Check out was easy too and the location is a two second drive away from a big tesco, McDonald's and Pizza Hut, all that look like they have just recently been built.
One downside was there were hair grips on the floor that didn't belong to us, had been left from previous room owners and there was something sharp on the floor, almost like a pin or something but I couldn't see it.
If you are expecting the ritz then pay the price. If you are looking for cheap, then here is good enough too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel has now changed ownership and is undergoing renovation work as of the 15th January 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Crown Hotel Longton, Stoke-On-Trent