“You get what you pay for!!”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Having been reading the reviews before arrival, I was worried... But then I thought, why should I be? I paid for cheap, I didn't pay for the ritz! I checked in to the hotel with no issues whilst my sister sat and waited for me in the car. The girl on the desk was very helpful and I didn't have any of the issues that others seemed to have. The room was big enough for the two of us and even though we were right next to the train line, the trains hardly made a sound. The bathroom was fine, did the job, the beds were comfortable enough, only problem was the stale smoke smell but that was soon rectified once I had sprayed the air a few times with a spray I had in my bag. I was on a trip and this was the third and final hotel before going home and I had a better night sleep here than anywhere else. Check out was easy too and the location is a two second drive away from a big tesco, McDonald's and Pizza Hut, all that look like they have just recently been built.

One downside was there were hair grips on the floor that didn't belong to us, had been left from previous room owners and there was something sharp on the floor, almost like a pin or something but I couldn't see it.

If you are expecting the ritz then pay the price. If you are looking for cheap, then here is good enough too!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KatrinaRibena21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I could write an essay on this place, but I will get angry, so I'll just keep it short.

- No wardrobe
- No bin
- Stained sheets
- Mould in kettle
- dirty cotton buds on floor
- chewing gum in sink
- bathroom door wouldn't close
- suspicious 'scratching' sound coming from roof.

Appalling customer service and no guest recovery/resolution. We were sen't here because, like the people below, we were overbooked at the Plough. It took us two hours to arrange to stay at the Crown Hotel as an alternative, with little help from any of the staff. Utterly devastated. Take note of the reviews and do not stay here!

Room Tip: I cannot recommend a room in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Cheili

Travellers are raving about these Longton hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Had been sent here from the Plough Motel after they overbooked us. We thought we had a luckly escape......until we arrived at the Crown Hotel !! Walking to the entrance all the windows were boarded up! The main entrance to the hotel was lovely, and you could see what a fabulous building it was several decades ago!!!

The receptionist wasn't very helpful and certainly did not have any communication skills. We went up to our room. In all honesty the bathroom wasn't too bad. But the bed. OMG there were more lumps in the bed than lumpy customer. We just had to get out! Unfortunately we couldn't find another hotel as it was late in the day. So we had to make do. Luckily we saw a Marston's Pub on our approach so we managed to get a good meal inside us and several drinks to help us sleep at night.

In the morning we were invited to have breakfast, which we did (I wanted to go to Tesco across the road!). We ordered full English breakfast only to be told that some of the "components were missing". We ended us with a mutilated sausage and bacon toast!! Completely inedible. We made our excuses and left.

Please, please do not stay at this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shazzer1969
Reviewed 30 June 2013

What a pile of rubbish. The entrace is nice, but that is all. The room was tiny and dirty, the shower didn't work, there was 2 lamps but no light, no quilt? Just a fleece blanket. The pillows were paper thin, so we asked for some more, they arrived at 12.30am after we went back down again. No lift. But worst of all was the breakfast!! The sausages were still pink in the middle!! We sent it back, and again it came back pink inside. We tried to see the management, which took 2days, and when we asked for our money back on the breakfasts they refused us a refund!!!!

2 Thank MrsTooty
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I booked the hotel for me and my boyfriend when we went to Alton towers. The staff were a bit rude but I was supprised at the lobby, as it looked quite nice! The area is horrible and was scared to walk to the shop! The room
Was tiny and stunk of fags! I'm a smoker my self but old fag smell is awful! The beds were rock solid and there was no duvet. The breakfast was horrible they didn't have anything the only thing that was nice was the sausage! The bathroom was dirty and old. With cracks in the wall. I will never return to this hotel. £72 for 2 nights was way to much for the state of the hotel. In future ill pay the extra to get a more acceptable hotel.

1 Thank RobynL315
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel has all the ground floor windows boarded up as someone has smashed them and the glass is still all over the pavement - the staff made no effort to make us feel welcome so unfortunately first impressions were not good.
We found our room which was poor in every respect and the only reason we decided to stay was because it was reasonably clean and we had paid in advance! Budget is fine but this can only be described as" roughing it".
The dining room ajoins the pub and all we could hear whilst trying to have our dinner was the foul mouthed clientele who appeared to be the regulars. It was no surprise to us to see the police at the reception desk when we checked out apparently investigating a theft!
If I was to score out of ten - I am afraid it would be a zero.

2 Thank cinderella12
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Having read some of the reviews on here prior to my stay at the Crown Hotel I feared the worst, but I have to say it was most pleasant and enjoyable to stay in. The staff were friendly and helpful from the moment I arrived and kindly allowed me to check in at midday, 2 hours before you were supposed to check in, because I'd arrived earlier than expected. The bedroom and bathroom were both clean and tidy and fresh towels were laid out on the bed for me to use. All the facilities were generally fine, everything I'd been warned about in other reviews appeared to be in working order. All in all very good value for money and I'd happily stay here again, especially with the convenience of only been 5 minutes drive away from the Britannia Stadium.

A few very small gripes:

- No batteries in the TV remote.
- No plug in the bathroom sink.
- No complimentary biscuits with the tea & coffee making facilities.
- Toilet didn't flush that well, but that's probably my fault, my lively bowels have a tendency to block most toilets they come into conflict with.

Room Tip: If you enjoy at least 3 poo's a day like myself, you are best off using the tesco extra toilets...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Luke H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burslem

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!