“WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Coventry, United Kingdom
“WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed here as a couple on Friday the 4th of October, the night before we went to Alton Towers. I really do not know what all the complaints are about. It may be a little run down on the outside due to the work that is going on around it but as soon as you walk in to the hotel there is a massive change of scenery. The lobby area is nicely decorated and we were welcomed by a lovely girl called Chelsea who checked us in, gave us information on dinner and breakfast and gave us our keys. As for our bedroom, it was small with an ensuite, exactly what we needed. I was scared to enter the room because of the negative reviews people were giving the place. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ROOM. Yes, the furniture and decorating was a little dated but the hotel has been around for years and if it was any more modern you would have to pay five times the price!! Everything was in working order and the rooms were spotlessly clean. You are a two second walk from Tesco, Pizza hut and the small town center which was nice. We chose to have dinner in the hotel where I had burger and chips and my girlfriend had southern fried chicken. Top meal, it was lovely. Then in the morning we had a full English between us which was also top notch. The staff there were so down to earth and lovely, you could have a laugh and a joke with them and actually have a conversation. I really dont understand what all the complaints were about. If you are paying so little for the hotel what are you expecting? You're expecting 4/5 stars for 2 star prices. The people writing negative reviews are stuck up and fussy. nobody had any complaints while we were there!!! Idiots.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DavidM_1327

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I booked for my daughter and me via laterooms for a trip to Alton Towers. When we eventually arrived we were too scared to leave the car in the car park and check in. Whole area is run down and seedy and there is a sex superstore opposite. Stay away!

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Kate C

Travellers are raving about these Longton hotels

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here as a group of 3, when we arrived the young lady on reception (chelsea) was brilliant, we had a laugh checking in, we went into the bar only 2 people were in but the prices weren't to steep, chelsea who was also working the bar with another member of staff he was ok bit of a proffessor green look alike made us very welcoming They were brilliant they sorted everything we asked them to including ringing us taxis to the local night clubs. When we went to the rooms the only down fall was the scoffolding out side due to work on the train track. We only slept in the rooms so not much to say about them really. Overall not a bad experience I would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank cockneysmithy74
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Staff were pleasant , food I must admit was amazing and the chef was brilliant but he is wasted there. Bar was full of kids who were clearly underage and on more than just drink. Could be a nice place if they sort things out . Until then do not stay

2 Thank Robbogjh
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We arrived after a day at alton towers, we got into the hotel and was gave our keys! We got into our room (115) first impressions were ok. I had a shower, but the bath was dirty and their was half a bar of soap, and a stained towel. I went into the bedroom as my friend was holding the window as it literally came off its hinges. Also the floor was stained and the bathroom was dirty. So overall my stay was disgraceful

3 Thank Sonny1235
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Before i start i must say the only thing nice about this place is the staff i bet they get all the back wash!! Yes this place is cheap and nasty, we had to move room 3 times!! We arrived after a 4 hour travel so we were pretty knackered and wanted to relax a bit, we got our room and it seemed that the next room was having a full blown party this was 4 in the afternoon, so we were moved to another part of the hote,l as soon as we opened the door to the corridor it stunk! I thought we were entering the men's toilets, then we opened our room and it was swarming with bluebottle flys, we couldn't believe it, my husband killed 10 of them but more kept appearing, we finally got rid of them (so we thought) the bathroom was dingy and dark I was frightened to even sit on the Lav! I had a shower if that's what you could call it, just a trickle of water, mind you the towels were good quality I was even surprised there was a towel! We went down into the resuraunt for a evening meal, this was attached to the local bar which was full of young chavas! We had a meal which wasn't even worth mentioning, we thought lets just buy some Booz from tesco and sit in the room which we did and guess what there was more bluebottles we got rid but I couldn't sleep thinking of the flys, but even without the flys the bed was so uncomfortable it was like lying on a sack of coal. We complained next morning and we were moved into another room, compared to what we had befor it was much better but it was still horrible, but it was just for one more night thank god! The breakfast isn't much to be desired either! The whole place needs gutted!!! One more thing the area is a dump didn't want to go for a walk it didn't look safe!

Room Tip: It's cheap but not worth it!