My friends and I stayed here for the weekend, as we were heading to Alton Towers.
There were road works outside the hotel which made it very difficult to find the entrance and it was very dark outside.
Once we arrived the gentleman at reception directed us to our room which was on the top floor, stairs were our only access. The top floor was like a little apartment, two rooms, one with three single beds and one with two single beds. We had a little kitchenette that only contained a sink and a bathroom that had a non working cold tap, a door that was very hard to close and a dirty window seal with dead flies on it.
One of my friends and I stayed in the room with the two single beds, the bed were comfy but we were obviously sleeping next to a boiler room or something because we had pipes going all night and were not warned about them, and there were really loud, kept us up half the night. We also think there was a pigeon either stuck in the chimney or something because it wouldn't stop chirping all night.
When we came to checking out on the Sunday morning, we had to wait at the desk for about 5 minutes before someone appeared. It seemed as though this lady was the only one working and she was running around doing everything, which was wrong. Someone needs to be behind the reception at all times because while we were there the phone rang three times and obviously there was no-one there to answer it.
The only good thing about this hotel was the staff we had on the Friday and Saturday night. The gentleman that booked us in and directed us to our room, was very friendly and he told us about travel up to Alton Towers on the Sunday morning as we had a hell of a time getting there on the Saturday morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel has now changed ownership and is undergoing renovation work as of the 15th January 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Crown Hotel Longton, Stoke-On-Trent