“Terrible”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting Alton Towers. As the rooms were only 32 pound each we weren't expecting much but we were extremely disappointed. We arrived at 7:30pm and were told that the "chef" had left so that if we wanted to have dinner the owner would have to cook. We found somewhere else to eat. The room was dirty, with broken window frames, thin dirty sheets and 2 thin pillows for the double bed. The curtains were different lengths, the shower curtain was mouldy, the mattress was really uncomfortable with springs poking into your back. It was the most restless nights sleep I've ever had. However the TV did work. At 8am we had breakfast at this hotel, (cooked breakfasts and porridge). They had ran out of orange juice even though there were no other guests there, so we ordered milk which came in dirty glasses with brown dirt in the bottom. The porridge was watery and tasteless and the cooked breakfast had grey sausages and bacon and deep fried bread which after 5 minutes of eating it I vomited it back up. Don't waste your money staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Megalino525

Reviewed 12 April 2014

this place is a dump the bedding is soiled and has fag burns on it,
the electrics are unsafe,
the windows didn't close,
the front doors to the rooms would not be proper effective fire doors,
no sooner had I checked in then I checked out and went to a proper hotel,
apparently this place is used by DSS to accommodate the homeless,
having seen the inside of a room I can see this may be the case.

COULD THIS BE THE WORST HOTEL IN THE UK ?

Room Tip: Book Somewhere Else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank goodybaggs
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The price seemed great but we arrived unaware of what was inside.. Our single glazed windows looked directly onto the railway bridge and busy outside road - very noisy! A couple side windows boarded up, loose door locks, terrible beds with springs stabbing into you from every angle, dirty bathroom, uneven floor, cigarette burns in the duvet, curtains that didn't even fit, the list goes on! Yes this is a cheap nights stay but honestly not worth it.. worst nights sleep in years!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McZoe96
Reviewed 29 March 2014

we stayed here for over a week and the management took our money and then was very rude to the point where we didn't want to stay and refused to give us a refund there is the smell of cannabis thoughout the corridors there is the smell of smoke even though they say its a non smoking hotel they only changed the towels once in the 8 days the toilet was filfy the bed sheets was stained the breakfast was advertised as a full English including bacon but came without bacon we travel quite a lot and stay in hotels but this is the worst one yet we wouldn't return to this hotel even if we got the room for free they also own the plough and if its anything like this one I wouldn't try it either

Room Tip: there isn't one for this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amy b
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you're looking for a good nights sleep this is not the place. The beds are so old you can feel every spring in them, bedspreads have cig burns in them. The rooms are poorly cleaned, the shower taps haven't been cleaned in years. The door locks are loose so the room isn't secure.

The front doors are locked at 10pm and the doorbell doesn't work, had to phone the hotel reception to wake up the night porter!

If you love the smell of canabis in the corridors, the sound of cars wizzing up the cobbled street outside, through the single glazed window, or trains crossing the bridge outside this is where you want to be.

Room Tip: Try the Comfort Inn or the new Travelodge in Hanley
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon V
Reviewed 11 January 2014

If you want a good night's sleep and pay a little extra, then one needs to consider avoiding this hotel. I went to check in and I could see hotel residents smoking at the front door, drinking alcohol and I could hear some kids crying (no offence but after a busy long day I believe no one wants any disturbance). I could hear easily people talking outside. The bed quality is very poor. I felt like I am sitting on a spring rather than a mattress. Initially I thought I would swap the room but later when I was taking some of my belongings upstairs, I could see police walking downstairs. I am not sure why the police visited the hotel but all these experiences made me feel that I am not going to have a good nights' sleep. The car park is not well lit and though the receptionist said that it is secure, I did not get that feeling. Moreover they have written that the parking is at your own risk.

Finally, I vacated the hotel within few minutes. I asked if they could provide me the refund but they said that it is non-refundable and advised me to ask Laterooms as I had reserved the room through them. I booked a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sbsdrive
Reviewed 1 January 2014

On our return from a night out were a group of police officers leaving because someone had apparently been beaten up. The bar was full of drunk/drugged aggressive yobs who tried to start a fight with me and my friend because they didn't like the way we were dressed. In the morning same yobs were still drinking (at 10am) and one threatened to hit me with a bottle he was holding. The receptionist didn't do anything and to be honest probably couldn't have done anything, there were no other staff about. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here especially people with kids as it's not a safe environment at all.

Barely got any sleep either because the people in the room next to us were smoking cannabis and listening to music on full volume.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bkr88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Premier Inn Stoke/Trentham Gardens Hotel

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!