Stayed one weekend in February for a short break.
Chosen due to it's proximity to the Alton Towers Waterpark and was a decent price.
The building itself is a lovely place and looks like it was decent in it's heyday.
The area is not brilliant with the railway right outside but looks can be decieving, the trains never once bothered us.
But that's about it, first thing we noticed was the heating, there was none, except for a forlorn portable heater sensibly placed under a wooden desk....Then there was the choice of heating, cup of tea or watching TV but not all at the same time!
The bed was in a bad way and extremely uncomfortable. It's just a good job the missus didn't see the mattress before we slept in it or that would have been it. Breakfast was cheap at a fiver each but wasa waste of money as the produce was cheap and nasty. A decent breakfast goes a long way, a teaspoon of beans magical non appearing toast and a very unwell sausage does not.
The place needs lots of love and attention, from the dusty lampshades to the braced and tarpaulined ceiling. We won't be doing that one again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel has now changed ownership and is undergoing renovation work as of the 15th January 2015 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Hotel Stoke On Trent
- Crown Hotel Longton, Stoke-On-Trent