“As below....don't judge a book by its cover”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
“As below....don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while we spent the weekend at Alton towers. At first my self and the group of 9 were extremely concerned from the reviews and pictures given on trip advisor. But I think we all expected the worse and got a lot better than we thought we'd get. We had 5 rooms between us so I know that I was'nt just lucky and got a good room. All of the rooms we're clean and tidy. Clean sheets, clean sink/toilet and shower, tv and tea making facilities in all rooms and a very helpfull/friendly night porter. The only bad point that I could say is the shower is'nt very powerful but that's because it's one that works off the taps and not an actuall shower and I personally like to feel like I've lost a layer of skin after a shower. The hotel had an old feeling to it and could maybe do with an up date, but for the price and star rating I think it was perfect. If I'm ever back up that way again then I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Glasgow
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

It's grate for the price the area isn't 2 nice but the car park is camraed and every one is nice ( don't judge a book by its cover) it's good for the price welcoming staff and clean rooms suit me yes the stuff looks old in the rooms but there clean and made up properly the showe is hot and has lots of pressure so u do feel clean after one the only problem is the train station is next to you but you don't really here it or the main road I have stayed in a lot worse and payed more for it would highly recommend it

1 Thank Glasgowrach1991
australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Only called in for a bite to eat as it SHOULD be better than maccas....wrong. steak pie chips and peas....no pies.2nd choice was fish.....no fish......3rd choice pastie chips and peas. waited 45 minutes for the receptionist to do the cooking and got a microwaved pastie with pastry like rubber. soggy soft chips probably nuked also and nuked frozen peas. dirty knife and fork. Asked for a cider and the receptionist/chef became barman. cider ran out so could only have 1/2 glass. gave a £20 note and they couldnt change it. The buzzing flies and the syringe outside the entrance should have warned me. thank god i didnt have to sleep there.

• Stayed June 2014

Travellers are raving about these Longton hotels

Leicester
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms for June 14th, single & double. Reason good location for concert at brittania football stadium.
On arrival we were dealt with by a nice pleasant young man at reception, who handed our keys, and also was serving at bar. Our rooms we fine, we were very worried about going due to some of the awful reviews on here! I think it's best to make your own judgement. Rooms are quite dated, needs money spending on this old place, but bedding spotless, rooms overall were lovely & clean, just old but what do you expect for 2 star & the price! I think some people think they are going to be like the Hilton! We cannot comment on food as we didn't have time for breakfast. I have stayed in lots of different hotels some posh some not! But this is worth the money. If I was visiting stoke again, I would book this hotel. It's a Very good location for football ground cost £5 in taxi!

1 Thank Kkkkelliott
England
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed at some dire places in my travels (including cheap hostels) but this place is by far the worst. DO NOT STAY HERE. The area is extremely dodgy. I worried about my car all night and whether it would be safely there in the morning. We arrived to a semi warm welcome and then found our rooms...bam, the smell of a greasy bathroom hit. I can't get over that smell. The ceiling was mouldy and had clearly had a leak. I didn't even dare to brush my teeth with the water. I used bottled water as I was really worried I would get ill. I didn't shower as I thought I'd come out more dirty. The bedroom was so dusty, run down and dirty. The linin had cigarette burns and I didn't like to touch it let alone sleep in it. God knows how long it's been there and whether it has actually been washed. It certainly didn't seem like it. I was itchy all night and didn't sleep at all well (not helped by the broken springs in the bed).

I had a delightful view of rubbish, run down buildings and a railway track. The noise of the road kept me awake as well as the bed and the thought of the squalor and filth I was sleeping in,
This place should be ashamed of renting out rooms like these. Absolutely disgusting and environmental health should get involved.
No matter how cheap it is DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Choose not to stay here. I doubt there is a good room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank slippeddisc
Stoke-on-Trent, England
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located ok, near shopa tesco bus station, but first impressions are.. What a grubby establishment, but I entered thinking it would be better inside, ok so the reception area looks ok, apart from standing at the desk for 15 minutes listening to the young lady speaking to a man and the pair of them swearing in the room.behind before they even noticed me standing there it didnt look that bad for the price.... I got to my room and my worst nightmare confirmed, the carpets sained, the bathroom stained the grouting was a mess, the light on the mirror didnt work, the shower pressure was like standing in a light rainfall, the furniture is tired the shelf felt like it was goin to fall off the beddig looks horrible something out of an old 70s room, there was dust in the windows sills, I wouldnt DARE have a coffee I ended up going tesco cafe.. The beds were unconfy over all ita a horrible place to stay dont stay here how it is still open is beyond me.. Oh and to add on im sarting to wonder if they even have housekeepers or if they do it then selfs blind folded drunj with there feet..

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank misstruthfull
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

how this hotel manages to evade closure by the health commision is beyond me ...if there is any thing that warranted - stars then this would surely qualify as -5+++++.lousy food ,lousy service,i was physically ill for over a week after a 2 day stay here.the smell of feaces was overpowering ,the bedding had not been changed in weeks.i have never wrote a review regarding anywhere i have stayed ever no matter how bad...but i was so annoyed with the standard i felt obliged to warn others.if you value your life and health avoid this

Room Tip: dont stay here at any price
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 560gaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!