“Stay away”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here on way to alton towers booked last minute.this was only one we could find and made a mistake of not reading the reviews.its disgusting .beds are uncomfortable carpets are held down with nails of which some were sticking out.was afraid to have bath,would have come out dirtier.they must have rated it 2 stars them selves.drunks trying to get in our room all night.you could hear everything from other rooms it was like a brothel.absolutley disgusting place.didnt try food there went to tesco opposite for breakfast.never again ,cheap and nasty is an understatement for this place.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.avoid.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tony837

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Got to say I dreaded the visit but to be honest I really enjoyed my stay.ok its not the hilton but you get what u pay for.room was clean and hotel seemed abit old but clean.The customer service was first class.the manager trevor could not do enough for us and for his service alone I would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kent1567
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here as it was close to alton towers and fairly cheap! I stayed here 2 years ago and i wouldn't of moaned but the hotel has gone seriously downhill! And I know you get what you pay for but it isn't even worth that!!

Firstly, the carpet in our room looked like it hasn't been hoovered in a good month.

Secondly the bathroom, the toilet wouldn't flush..the shower head didn't even fit the pipe properly. And the shower leaked..down to the other room!? Also the cold water tap came out hot. It was terrible..

Thirdly, the light switches were filthy. The walls had all dirt marks on them..

And finally the customer service. Everyone in the hotel came across very rude, we stood there for at least 5 minuets a day waiting at reception to hand our key in! Clearly they were too busy on their fag break. Then when someone finally came they just took the key, didn't say sorry or anything. And when we checked out it wasn't a "hope you had a lovely stay" "hope to see you soon" nothing like that! Just a simple "see ya' later".

I'm usually not someone to moan, but I wouldn't recmmond staying here! I know it's only a 2 star but I would stay it worst than that!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank La1995
Reviewed 10 July 2014

VERY dirty hotel! what a waste of money.wouldnt stay free of charge in future.the staff were very rude. shouting/swearing at each other infront of paying customers.. very run down hotel that clearly needs alot of work.should not even be running in this state! wasnt sure if we arrived at a prison or hotel as there were big crowds of youths drinking and smoking outside as we entered.same owners have now got the crown hotel in stone ... what a shame. no doubtthat will gothe same way.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SMD842014
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Only rated 1 because not allowed to give 0!!

4 of us attempted to stay here on the 5th of July after visiting Alton Towers. After leaving the car in a car park that was not very secure at all in a run down place, we then waited for around 20 minutes for someone to see us for our key- this was when we had to find someone to be told there was only one person working in the whole place. Each corridor smelt of something different and there was graffiti everywhere. We struggled to oped the door as the key didn't work, then when we got in we got hit in the face with a horrible smell coming from the bathroom as though someone had just been in to take a dump. To get rid of the smell, we tried to open the window to which it fell out into our hands. There was hair on the bedside table, dirt/grime in the bathroom and the carpets didn't meet the grip rods and were dirty. I dread to think what the bed sheets were like underneath. The other room was in the same condition- dirty walls/damp, the window had no handle so couldn't open it at all, and there was what can only be described as blood on the toilet seat.
We left the hotel after 30 minutes and were told to speak to the manager on Monday- every time we rang he was 'not available'.

This is the worst hotel ever and trading standards have been informed as have the local news paper.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We attempted to stay in this hotel 5th July, upon arriving were not comfortable leaving the car in the "secure" car park. We waited 20 mins to be eventually greeted and handed our room key by the single worker. With two rooms between four of us we were greeted with the sweet smell of fecies, cigarette s, burning plastic, sweat and urine. Room A included what could only be blood on the toilet seat, damp up the walls , window the was not held in, and a shower I would have left feeling more unclean than before entry. Room B - well, the toilet smelt like a homeless guys flip flop , there was a hole in the floor boards, pile of hair on the bedside table , damp on walls and carpets and smashed tiles in the bathroom. Will defiantly never stay and left 30mins after entry. The issue is going to be reported to trading standards nobody should have to put up with such a poor experience room 209/210 be warned!

Room Tip: There's not one here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

When arriving at this place I thought that it might be a 'okay' hotel, when checking in, I was told that no one had put my booking in the folder when u had booked back in January!!!! Was lucky to get a room, well I say lucky, i was absolutely appalled when entering my room, to see that it hasn't been cleaned and maintained very well!! Definitely safe to say I will not be returning!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank letsdothisstuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
#6 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Borough Arms Hotel
Borough Arms Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!