“Appalling to call this a hotel”
Review of Crown Hotel

Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Longton
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked two rooms, one twin and one double and requested for both of them to be next to each other. Upon reaching the hotel it looked dreadful and old and is on the corner of a main road in the middle of the town. There is an operational railway bridge right next to the hotel and you have to walk from the rear car park around the side to reach the front entrance. As soon as we walked in there was an old, dirty smell about the place and a couple complaining at reception. The two girls at reception looked dishevelled and unclean. One girls hair was so greasy and dirty and you could see lumps of wax in it. We had been placed on two different floors because one of our rooms was apparently being refurbished. In all honesty we reckoned it was condemned. The rooms were filthy, cracked ceilings, the remote control had been broken in two and taped back together. The nets were brown and dirt and stained and must never have been washed or changed. The bathroom was disgusting and filthy and has obviously never been redecorated. The sheets were very rough and the blanket used under the bedspread was ripped and tatty. The floor was filthy and full of hairs and muck in the rooms, hallway and stairs. In the twin room there was no wardrobe so you hung your clothes on a rail from the wall. There were no drawers for your clothes either. There were cracks all over the walls and the coffee mugs had cracks in them. On the first floor people were obviously smoking in their rooms as the hallway stank of smoke. The twin room was almost arms reach to the train bridge which when it began at 6.47am it sounded like the hotel was under attack. The double room was so small you could hardly fit two people in it. it was again filthy and dirt with cracks and brown dirt marks and dust all over. the shower curtain looked contaminated it was that brown and old and stained. IpTs was the most disgraceful hotel/hovel we have ever stayed in and will never do so agin. We arrived there late and so we couldn't go anywhere else. Luckily it was only for one night but we all felt dirty after leaving. My friend did not even change his clothes he was so concerned about he cleanliness of this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
There are newer reviews for Crown Hotel

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having reading some reviews I was sceptical, but after arival I was alarmed to find the worst of my fears weren't even close. Dirty poorly run .... this a hovel if you saw this on a charity appeal you would give generously to stop people having to live in these conditions. But this is in th UK not the third world.
The smell of excrement and urine in the corridors was unbelievable.
I now know why they say "non refundable" I expect everyone who turns up wants to leave.
DON'T DO IT .... life is too precious

3  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel on a last minute website and paid far too much for what we received £90. The hotel smells, it's right next to a railway and our room just wasn't clean in anyway shape or form. Crisps in the bed, debris on the floor, bottle of contact lense cleaner full on the floor. The bathroom mirror was smashed off in the past and never replaced and finally the beds were in a terrible state!!! the list did go on. We just couldn't stay so we went to another hotel nearby.

2  Thank mikeharrison74
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Location

This is in the town of Longton which is one of the towns that make up the polycentric city of Stoke (note Hanley is considered the centre) and in close proximity to the Gladstone pottery museum and Longston train station.

I paid £17.50 for a single room and for this money it was clean, but dated decor. I was happy to pay a lower amount for older furnishings.

Facilities

This a Victorian pub next to the train station with a car park with CCTV. There is a Tesco extra within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I phoned up late Friday night and the staff was happy at half 11 at night, very cheep for a night, the room I stayed in was 211 and it was amazing there was anything you needed in there. I would recommend to anyone but there needs to be more tea and coffee in the room hehe.. WILL BE COMING BACK HERE THANK YOU!!!

1  Thank LiamProudman
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My company put me up in this hotel for 3 nights while working in Stoke. On arrival I thought " could do with a lick of paint, I'll give it a go." The hotel needs more than a paint job, my matress had a spring sticking through and was covered in urine stains, the hotel was dirty and full of Plonkies. It all kicked off around 2 am with drunks running and shouting through out the hotel. There was a railway bridge outside the bedroom window to boot. I eventually sent an email at 5am to my company to get me another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Recently stayed on the top floor with some friends and was horrified to hear mice/rats above us in one of the rooms and bathroom. All 4 of us were forced to sleep in the same room - two choosing the floor over the mice room. Room had clearly been neglected with run down furniture and no bin or fridge. Toilet very unreliable. However the location was very useful, being close to a tescos and McDonald's for easy food.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the top floor 'suite'
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bamy2631
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longton
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent
Best Western Plus Stoke-On-Trent Moat House

Been to Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!