“lovely surroundings and tasty food”
Review of Amore Mio - CLOSED

Amore Mio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had the party menu 3 courses and coffee or liqueurs with bottle wine between 2. All courses were very good,nice choice and good service very busy but service was still quick and staff attentive would certainly return

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Bought a voucher for evening main course with cocktails for two. Arrived at 5.30pm - restaurant quiet. Seated away from main restaurant right in front of kitchen door and close to toilets. Wondered why when restaurant was so quiet. Discovered couples seated next and behind us were also using vouchers - clearly they did not want us cluttering up "front of house"! Not a good start and the first time ever this has happened to us using a voucher - and we have used many in many cities over a long period of time! If the purpose of vouchers is to showcase the product and tempt people to return - and I think it is - making people feel second class is not going to do it!
I only wish I could write that it improved tremendously from there but it did not.

Were offered choice of only 2 cocktails though there was a menu. A bottle of beer or glass of house wine was offered instead. Decided to have starters - both poor and overpriced. Husband had lasagne as main and he said it was fine - though not nearly as good as my home made one. It came alone - salad or some bread would have been nice. I had seafood pasta - what a complete disappointment! It was billed as being stuffed with all sorts of seafood with a creamy sauce etc - and came in at a hefty £15.90! What I got was a minute bowl of pasta with mostly cheap seafood ie mussels in an ok sauce. I have made much better at home for a quick tea. Again it came alone. If I had been presented with this from the menu and been expected to pay £15.90 for it I would have sent it back. By this time we just wanted to leave so didn't have puddings or coffee.

Service was ok - waitress was better than her male colleagues who didn't appear particularly interested - we did leave a tip as waiting staff are not responsible for food quality.

Don't think the food was freshly cooked using quality ingredients. More like processed and reheated. Would not recommend and wont be back. There are lots of better places to eat in the area.

4  Thank avrilritchie
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Amazing! We visited on July 25th for my 30th birthday with my partner and 11 year old daughter, we were all very impressed. We each ate three courses off the a "la carte menu" and each and every plate served to us was well presented and tasty, you can tell the ingredients used were fresh and of top quality. My partner had the prawns for starter, I had the scollops and our daughter had the cheesey garlic bread.... all were fab. For our mains we had pasta sopranos, carbonara and pizza.... again, excellent, particularly the carbonara, I wish I had ordered it lol. desserts were titimasu and profitarolls, excellent!
The staff were also very polite and attentive. The restaurant itself is spotless and has very classy decor (posh is the word my daughter used) . Best Italian in the region. We will deffo be back :)

1  Thank DundeeSunny_scotland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our first visit to this Italian restaurant and certainly not our last. Staff were friendly and attentive and food was delicious and beautifully served in the evening when we dined. We chose dishes from the pasta menu after our drinks when we arrived and neither dish disappointed. A wide choice of meals from the extensive menu and would certainly like to try others when we next go.
We finished our evening with panacottas and lattes. The atmosphere was attractive and in keeping with an upmarket Italian restaurant but in our home area.

3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Amore Mio after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. Sadly we found the food was not much to write home about. We just wanted a quick evening meal so we ordered olives and bread while we waited for pur pizzas and salad. The olives were ok but they arrived with toast and it was easy to work out the home made bread had gone a bit stale so they'd toasted it. Pity it was past toasting too! One piece each and we quit in case there wasn't a dentist in the house. When the pizzas arrived it was obvious the chef likes to go to town on the cheese. In fact neither pizza could be identified by looking at it, because the only thing to see was cheese. This was disappointing as the ingredients were nice once you could find them. The cheese also prevented the other ingredients cooking properly so both pizzas were a bit soggy in the middle. Not great for a family run Italian restaurant when plenty of chains like Dominos can do a whole lot better. The accompanying green salad was nice but would have been 100% better with a little dressing. I've never had a salad without olive oil in an Italian restaurant before. On the plus side the staff were friendly, polite and helpful. And the complimentary Limoncello was a nice touch. Overall I think Amore Mio could do a whole lot better if they used a little more amore and a lot less cheese.

2  Thank j w