“Very child friendly, food lovely and well priced.”

La Tasca - Trafford Centre
Ranked #16 of 104 Restaurants in Stretford
Price range: US$26 - US$53
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Trafford Centre.
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I took my two children aged 5 and 8 here on Sunday lunch. We were seated at a table if my choice. They were greeted with the usual children's menu and a pot of colouring crayons to keep them entertained. Their kids meals were just short if £6 which included a Capri sum drink, a choice of 3 mini tapas each and a chocolate brownie and ice cream. I was offered a feast for a king for £10 that included a starter and 5 tapas. There was no way I could eat all that do the server just recommended a small chicken and prawn paella and said I could order more if I was hungry. The food was hot and very tasty, the server was efficient. The restaurant was quiet but the Trafford Centre was full. We have a la Tasca loyalty card do automatically get 20% off the bill which came to less than £20. A cheap lunch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Same as the one in the city centre. Nice ambience and ok food.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Food quality has dropped, portion sizes have got smaller and the service which used to be fantastic and the main reason we ate there has now service - after the average greet at the entrance - is apathetic at best. A real shame.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We visited this restaurant after a shopping trip to the Trafford Centre and received a warm welcome with enthusiastic and friendly service.

We ordered a selection of tapas with some sangria and were quite disappointed with the quality of the food.The description of the tapas on the menu made the food sound very appetising, however, when our food arrived most of the dishes were overly salty and were not very hot. I also found a lot of the dishes were very oily / greasy which was not very pleasant.

I had the same experience at another La Tasca restaurant a few years ago and I was hoping that the experience would have improved since then, unfortunately I was mistaken. I won't be visiting this restaurant chain again.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Visited La Tasca in Trafford Centre, Manchester and it would seem the apathy which exists in the shops has also spread to the restaurants.
The quality of food served was mediocre and served just warm, certainly not hot.
My friend and I went to have a catch up tea, so only a party of two, we ordered a selection of tapas and when they came the quantity of each tapas equated to just two of each, great but I would have expected more than two prawns (Gambas Gabardina) for £4.80 and two puff parcels (Empadanas de Carne)£4.25. The other 3 dishes were the same. The menu does not state how many of each you will get so I can only assume the party size has something to do with it at The Trafford Centre as all other La Tascas seem to be slightly more generous.
The service was to corporate standard of asking "is everything alright" within minutes of being served so they feel they have met customer service standards.
Again not a great dining experience but as the purpose of the centre is for shopping and not a culinary experience it fit the bill, albeit an expensive one!