“100% Authentic Spanish Paella”

La Tasca - Trafford Centre
Ranked #15 of 102 Restaurants in Stretford
Price range: US$26 - US$52
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fleet of authentic Spanish tapas restaurants established in 1993, La Tasca offers an award-winning range of sumptuous Mediterranean flavours. Sourcing ingredients from artisan suppliers dotted across Spain, head chef Antony compiles a range of boldly flavoured sharing dishes, all complemented by a range of Spanish wines, sangrias and sherries. Ever family-friendly, younger diners can enjoy delicious miniature tapas plates at La Tasca - Trafford Centre.
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Of all the many restaurants there are that serve a good Paella.
I am saying for the record, difficult to believe that La Tasca in the Trafford centre serves one of the all time best ever i have tasted anywhere of all the restaurants in the Trafford Centre & all the many restaurants we have eaten in, in Manchester & on our many travels, we have discovered the ultimate best restaurant that makes Zenith of all Paella.
Think Delicious & full of juicy flavour.
Think Succulent, hearty & mouth watering.
Irispective if you have the Seafood or the Meat version, the end result is tops.
La Tasca in the Trafford Centre is fast becoming one of our favourite restaurants.
Definitely gets my vote of recommdation.
Tip. always ask for several pieces of fresh lemon to squeeze over your food.
I know many restaurants lives or dies on a good chef, many thanks to the chefs at La Tasca you are are rare breed & i take my hat of to you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Went there last Saturday as my companion wanted tapas. Got told it was a 40 minute wait but we were seated after 20 which was good. Ordered the sharing platter which was OK but over priced for what we got especially as we had to order bread separately. We ordered Calamari (which came in batter), Whitebait (which was only batter, in fact that was so bad that I had to ask my companion what we had ordered because I couldn't tell what it was) and pork cheek, which when I was eating it, I described as something that looked and tasted like it had been bought in Iceland and heated up in a microwave. I left there with the feeling that the food had been brought in from elsewhere (Iceland) and heated up. I was going there expecting freshly cooked food but was very disappointed. The service once we got in the restaurant wasn't the best either as the staff weren't very attentive. We had to wait 10 minutes to be able to attract someone's attention to order drinks

Reviewed 18 January 2018

A lively and affordable restaurant that's worth a visit if you find yourself peckish in the behemoth complex that is the Trafford Centre. I've never tried tapas before, but after La Tasca I most definitely will again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

40 minute wait which we accepted but was seated within 20- good start. Starter was fine but difficult to really get bread and oil wrong but nevertheless it was fine. Ordered chicken and chorizo paella - 40 min wait!! because it had to be cooked fresh? Dry chicken stodgy over-cooked rice and chorizo that had been hacked into large lumps rather than sliced - really hard skin that even the knife (which you shouldn’t need with a paella) struggled cutting through. Couldn’t finish it as it was so stodgy and greasy. Staff pleasant, attentive and a nice atmosphere but the food just doesn’t do it - personally will give this one a miss in future as it’s second time and both occasions it’s spoiled a nigh out.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This was my 1st visit to a tapas restaurant of any kind. I visited with my husband and 2 children, we had pre-booked which meant we would use the two for one tapas option. We were initially shown to a table which i did not like so i requested to move to a round booth one instead which they seemed reluctant to do at first but then allowed it. The seats all needed cleaning (which we did) before we sat down but the table had been set out so should have been cleaned, also food all over the floor. Upon looking around though there was food under most of the tables to be honest. Upon receiving the menus nothing was really explained to us and left to work it out but took our drinks orders. Eventually someone came over to ask what we wanted and we said we needed help and things explaining re sizes of dishes, what offers you can use/not use together etc as two kids meals free or 20% off all food or 2 for 1 tapas etc etc. We decided ourselves the cheapest option for us was to do the two for one tapas and pay for the kids meals. son did not like his macaroni cheese, hubby said wasnt really right kind of cheese for a kids meal, although daughter loved her burger. we ordered mushrooms, hake, ribs, pork cheeks, meatballs and chicken and chorizo. The meatballs hake & cheeks dishes were amazing and all the meats/fish melted in your mouth and sauces etc with them were lovely too. The chicken and chorizo well that is a big no no! It had 2 tiny pieces of chicken in it and the rest was basically peppers which completely took over the taste of the dish and it also looked like sick to be honest! Neither of us like peppers and if had stated that it did on the menu we would not have ordered it! One of the many waiters/waitresses we told them re the chicken dish and he said he will let us have it free then, this was not a bonus to us as was free anyway as two for one!! when we got the bill sorted instead they had given us hubby's pint for free instead which was something i suppose. other tables had issues with their food too on our visit. hubby took daughter to the toilet at one point and not to give too much info but sick all over the toilet seat & inside it etc! overall some of the food was lovely, atmosphere subdued, customer service??, cleanliness disgusting. would i visit again, no as we ended up eating a few snacks for a lot of money in a dirty environment to be honest.