Open today: 09:00 - 22:00
More Information

Ways to Experience iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester
from US$69.58
More Info
All reviews high fly wind tunnel hand signals amazing experience minute flight great fun sky diving viewing area friendly instructors christmas present birthday gift safety video adrenaline rush my daughter virtual reality explained everything bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

We are a party of 5 people, 2 adults and 3 children aged 9, 10, 11. I booked the Family flight package + the digital family combo.
We arrived an hour early before our flight time. This gives you enough time to check in and watch others already flying for around 20 mins and soak up the atmosphere. There were plenty of seats to watch and a small cafeteria to purchase drinks and food. The area is not as big as I thought it would be.
There was only one chamber. I assumed that there would be more.
We were called into our briefing room to watch a short video and then be briefed by our instructor Louis.
I cannot stress enough the importance of arriving an hour early. I did think, even if we arrived half an hour before our flight, we would be ok. I do not think this would be a good idea. If you are coming, make sure you are here an hour beforehand !!!!
We then got changed into a blue suit and wore ear plugs, googles and helmet. There are lockers to store your valuables.
You can not take your own mobile phones into the chamber, hence the reason why I opted for the digital combo package.
The experience is fantastic. Having watched the video and briefing I kind of knew what to expect. The instructors encourage you to smile for the camera. That is fine, but as soon you open your mouth, Saville starts going across your face. Its funny, because you cannot wipe your face whilst trying to fly.
Within our party some choose to add a high fly on our second turn for an additional £7.00. It only last a matter of seconds but it was worth the experience.
Once everyone had completed their turns, two instructor then gave us a performance, showing off their skills. They were amazing!!

We returned back to the open changing space to take our suits off. The instructor, Louis gave each party an individual debrief of how we all performed and if you preformed well you got your “White Wings”
Before we left, the instructor mentioned about different packages, should we returned. I felt that this was rushed a little and was stuck on a sign post. At a quick glance, it appeared cheaper than what we had paid.
We left the flight chamber and made our way back to reception, where there is a computer to enter your reference to see the photos and videos.
There is a soft drinks machine available, priced at £1.80. Bring your own!
Upon getting home I viewed the photos and videos properly. There were loads of photos and the way they complete the movies with music was brilliant. Well worth paying extra for the digital combo.
Overall, this is an experience that I would recommend. Yes it is expensive, but this was a birthday treat for one of the children.

1  Thank mstephens
Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We're glad that you enjoyed the experience and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

This was a family Christmas gift from a grandparent which ticked all the boxes. We had a great time with a fantastic instructor who made the experience fun for the whole age range. Highly recommended

Date of experience: February 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2019 via mobile

My daughter purchased a voucher for my Christmas present
I attended on valentines night when I expected it to be quiet, no my class group was full, 13 or 14 people

For my experience I was gifted with an hour session with 2 high experiences (this is where the blowers sent you shooting off to the ceiling)

Our instructor told us what to expect and then left us to watch a detailed dvd and then a mini sales pitch

Having then being led to a changing room to change into a suit, helmet and glasses

Having changed we then entered the chamber in preparation for our skydiving

Each person gets 2 dives, one to get your bearings and learn the basics, second is the same then the fans are turned up and you and your instructor fly circular loops up towards the ceiling, wow

So for a 1 hour session you get 2 two minute opportunities to fly. You can opt for additional blasts towards the ceiling at £7.

If you are looking for a night rise blast then this is for you
Go enjoy

1  Thank Wayned01
Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2019

Thanks for your feedback!
It's great to hear that you enjoyed the experience.
Hopefully we'll see you again real soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

My partner bought me a Virgin experience voucher which I use to purchase a skydiving experience with iFly.

Upon arrival to the iFly centre I was first asked my name, which I confirmed, then I was asked to present the experience voucher. At this point I gave the iFly ticket, which was bought using the Virgin experience voucher. However, I was told that I also needed to present the original voucher from Virgin. In all fairness to the staff, it does state this is needed on the iFly ticket, but I made a genuine mistake and forgot it. I also couldn't travel 30 miles home to go and fetch the Virgin voucher.

At this point we were asked if we had email proof of purchase, which my partner provided as she had originally bought the Virgin voucher, only to be told it was not enough and we needed the posted voucher from Virgin.

I was then told we could pay the cost of the experience, which would be £50 odd rather than £30 which was the cost of the Virgin voucher, and we would be refunded 95% of the cost when we send the original Virgin voucher to them. Now this is what put me off the experience, I felt at this point the company was geared towards squeezing more money out of me. I could not understand why the refund would not be 100%, and I felt it was going to be hard work to receive the refund. I also realised at this point that me and my partner would be separated from this point, and she would have to wait in the cafe on her own for an hour while I had the experience..

Rather than make a fuss, I decided not to continue, upon which I was told I could schedule for another day, at a cost of £15!!! That's 50% of the original cost of the voucher!! This was the nail in the coffin for me, and I left very dissapointed.

I can't comment on the actual skydiving, and I feel the member of staff we dealt with tried her best with the tools she had available. However I feel the company is all geared towards making as much money as possible out of people, and will use any excuse to squeeze money out of people.

1  Thank Keiron P
Reviewed 14 February 2019

We took a team of 19 Guides to iFly and had a fantastic time. The team that helped us organise the event were very good and professional making the whole process as easy as it could be.

The actual flight was amazing, only one Guide was uncomfortable with the experience.

We even had lunch organised in the cafe for everyone.

Whilst expensive, it was definitely worth it.

Date of experience: January 2019

Thanks for your feedback Lucy.
It's great to hear that you all enjoyed the iFLY experience!
We hope to see you all again soon.