Victoria Warehouse Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsold traffordquirky hotelunusual placeindustrial feelrooms are basiclounge areawould stay againshower gelcity centrecomfy bedfootball groundmanchester unitedyogurtsculpturescinematramcanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Okay so this isn’t Buckingham palace, nor does it promise that it is, it’s a very reasonably priced hotel, but it’s pretty hip, the rooms were basic but very clean, beds were a bit squeeky and creeky but I wasn’t too fussed and another pillow would be handy, or even an info card in the room to advise we could get another pillow, there wasn’t a window, nothing much to see out of on a rainy day anyway and because of that it meant I got a better sleep as one I didn’t have the rain and wind battering against my window all night, and two who actually looks out of their hotel window anyway much unless in a beautiful scenic area?
I enjoyed the food, all high quality, we ate dinner and then breakfast next day)
Their chips are actually the best I think I’ve ever eaten!
Love the touches like the cinema room, the unusual lounge and the breakfast room, also the metal artwork - I’ve already sent pictures to my predator loving brother!
For me, it was a hip and unusual place to stay, not like the normal boring ‘all look like the same’ budget hotels, this is somewhere fun!
PS handy if you want to visit old trafford as it’s on the doorstep!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been travelling far and wide, I have also been a student. I am not afraid of staying somewhere cheap and cheerful but this most certainly is not.

The whole place smells like bleach, really strongly. I suppose a positive there is that it is clean!? We arrived and there was children playing football in the corridor. There is a quirky open plan seating area with exposed pipe work and what could be a really cool vibe, sadly it didn't live up to this as the music was awful.

The receptionist was incompetent, she did not acknowlege us when we arrived, she didn't know how to find our booking and admitted she was unsure where our room was.

Our room was small, matress as thin as Victoria Beckham, shower which only ran cold and a TV the size of a postage stamp, we were given one pillow each which was really thin. Not a good start. We went out for the evening to a friends birthday and got home around 1AM.

I was kept awake all night by our next door neighbours. I went to reception to complain and they said they could not stop people having intimacy. Several other rooms banged on the door of the couple and the screaming did not stop and the lady left which does not indicate a great clientele!

The breakfast was nice except them peering over you checking if you'd had one scoop of beans or two. The staff were rude and unhelpful.

The plus point is the parking which is monitored by CCTV. But perhaps it should be a carpark not a hotel?

Would never stay here again. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hanski_Panski
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I can honestly say I’ve never stayed in a worse hostel, and I’ve been to several places in developing countries.

No windows was a clue, it took 20 minutes to check in despite providing a booking reference.

The room was lit with bare light bulbs hanging by its flex. The bathroom had downpipes inside, meaning the stools from upstairs clattered past your toothbrush.

The size of the room was about a third of the size of my daughter’s student digs in a studio, and with 4% bitter costing £5.50 a pint you’re going to stay sober.

The bed was of the type that dates back to the century before last and creaked with every twitch.
The sound proofing was so poor I could make out people’s whispers as they walked past the door. Breakfast was the nail in the coffin.

I cannot recommend staying elsewhere strongly enough.

Room Tip: make sure you book a room elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FitThink
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst attending the under 21 football match between Manchester United and Chelsea.

The hotel is about 5 minutes' walk from the Old Trafford football ground and 5-10 minutes from the Exchange Quay tram stop.

As the name suggests, the hotel is a converted warehouse, but the friendly staff and good value make it a nice place at which to stay. My room was quite functional but clean. It did smell of lemon, as mentioned by a previous reviewer, but I didn't mind that (I've smelled worse in other hotels).

Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel, but availed myself of some drinks. A good range of bottled beers but no draught ale. One small complaint - the bottled bitter was all kept in the chiller. It would be appreciated if some bottles could be left out at room temperature.

I would definitely return if attending a match at Old Trafford in future, although I'm not sure if sure a good rate would be available for a first team game.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The outside of the building looks really unpromising, run down and intimidating, but we were so pleasantly surprised. The inside is full of interesting furniture and the reception were really friendly. The building is massive but they've filled the space really well. The room was perfect sized, small but clean with a good selection of clipper tea, and some funky wooden furniture. There isn't a window but I really do not think this is a problem and the room really doesn't need one. For the price we paid we were so satisfied with the hotel, it has a sort of hostel feel, but the room was really comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. The fruit salad was much nicer than the normal hotel breakfast fruit and there was ample good coffee. The place did smell like lemon, but I think it's an incense or air freshener and certainly does not smell like flash or chemical cleaning product, the place certainly could smell a lot worse! We've stayed in hotels smelling of cabbage and must but the Victoria warehouse was not one of these. The location was also really convenient - 15 minutes from the centre of the city and just 10 mins from the Trafford Centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends