Victoria Warehouse Hotel
HIExpress.com
US$103
PremierInn.com
US$49
All reviewsold traffordquirky hotelunusual placeindustrial feelrooms are basiclounge areawould stay againshower gelcity centrecomfy bedfootball groundmanchester unitedyogurtsculpturescinematramcanal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed here for one night over the weekend of the Manchester Marathon.
It was cheap and only a stones throw from Old Trafford and the Salford keys. The decor is quirky and fun and the exposed pipes and brickwork are in keeping with the warehouse feel. Don't forget this used to be a warehouse so few of the rooms have windows. This was a bit of a issue as the wife felt a bit claustrophobic but it was ok for one night. Breakfast was also included and wasn't too bad for the price.
Clean, relaxing and cheap. Ideal place for a one of two night stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Travelled here by train from Nottingham, was not sure which tram to get from Manchester Picadilly, so guessed at the Altrincham line which we got off at trafford bar and used our phones to find the hotel which was not easy as there are no sign posts and the entrance itself is quite set back. Later found Eccles line was much closer if you get off at Media City.

When we got there we admired the outdoor area and entered into the reception area, we were greeted by a very helpful member of staff who explained where to go and how to use the room key etc.

We headed up a bare breeze block stair case into very dimly lit corridor which we had to use out phone torches to see where the room itself was, having said this when we got to the room it was exactly what it said on the website, minimalist and no windows, which in the morning we realised was quite strange as we had no idea of time or weather. It was clean, well presented and quirky, which is what we wanted.

Close to Salford Quays which is worth a walk round in the evening if the weather is ok and taxis are cheap enough. Staff all seemed lovely, bar was reasonably priced but cannot comment on the restaurant as we didn't eat here.

Perfectly priced, does exactly what it says, gives you a bed, a roof over your head and something different to tell your friends!

Room Tip: If using the tram, get the Eccles line and get off at Media City. Specify if you would like a room with a window!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I picked the hotel because it's near Old Trafford; we were going there for the museum and tour.
First of all it's impossible to find because there are no signs anywhere. We ended up phoning the hotel and the friendly reception staff helped us find the entrance.

I guess you could call the interior 'design', 'quirky' or 'modern'. I call it unfinished. Bare light bulbs both in public areas and in the rooms. Exposed plumbing. Doors and staircases made from diamond plate.
This was the first time I had a hotel room without a window. Most rooms don't have a window here, that's one of the perks of the 'Deluxe' rooms. The desk was a school table, the double bed had only a single bedside table. No airconditioning, just a vent you can't control. The stench of synthetic air 'freshener' throughout the hotel, including the rooms, was overpowering. I found one of those awful things in the room and left it way down the corridor. Over the door there's matted glass that lets in light from the corridor so it's not entirely dark in the room.
The mattress was way to soft and I felt its ridges in my back. Neither of us got a decent night sleep.

I have to say a few positive things. The staff were friendly (even if they missed the request to have the room for the children near the adults) and the shower worked with decent pressure. The room and bathroom were clean. At around 50 pounds per room it's cheap.

Still, this is one hotel I'll never stay again.

Room Tip: Go to Premier Inn around the corner.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dutchman_in_Dublin
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel! Very friendly staff who where very willing to help with any query I had....the hotel itself is magnificent incorporating the old warehouse theme with being a modern hotel and is close to everywhere I needed to go! An absolute pleasure to stay in and would defiantly stay again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family. 6 of us in 3 rooms. The one I shared was the worst. Rooms were dark and dingy with no windows. My room had a broken toilet seat, shower and tap were temperamental (had to be quick in shower as it would overflow as draining system not working). Bed was terrible- a cheap, thin mattress and with the slightest movement the bed creaked and squeaked. Furniture in rooms looked old and shabby, stains on seat. TV was placed far too high on wall to watch comfortably.

Staff were not friendly and unhelpful. Several other guests were left waiting at reception while staff were clearly talking to friends on the phone. My dad's shower had a bad leak right through to the rest of the room, which resulted in a rather expensive camera bag being soaked right through to the camera (£500 camera!!!!). On informing the staff member, no apology was given in fact they looked annoyed. My dad was given a key to another and told to move again with no help, assistance or apology. We then went out for the day, in which my dad had to carry his camera with no protective case (heavy rain that day). On returning to the hotel a different member of staff was now on duty and was totally unaware of the leakage and again tutted and sighed.

With regards to the food, over priced in my opinion. Cooked breakfast was a very small portion - one sausage was given when I asked for some sausages and hash browns. On the top of that food was not that great. For the rest of our stay we ate elsewhere.

All in all, stay was terrible. Rooms had terrible sound proofing. Could hear my family talking three rooms down from us, I could also here the flushing of toilets and running of taps in the next rooms. Indefinitely do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family