Review Highlights

Reviewed 14 October 2018
craftyg0lfer
Manchester, United Kingdom
Christmas work night out

We were part of a group of 40 booked into The Point for a shared Christmas party. The whole evening... read more

Reviewed 9 December 2018
Rosie T
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

All reviews food stalls tram stop party stand cricket match cricket lovers trent bridge watch cricket international cricket old trafford cricket ground hat trick sports venues thomas cook england cricket excellent days great seats big screen
Reviewed 8 November 2018

Cricket Club.
I cannot express highly enough what an amazing venue this was, from the moment we arrived at The Point we were greeted warmly by staff members who directed us to cloaks and reception drinks, the bar was adequately staffed so no long queues for drinks, stewarding was well informed, no awkward waiting for information to be shared.
The room was arranged to enable access between the tables so I could visit peers and work contacts in every area of the room without having to breathe in, move other diners or climb over and under furniture.
The greatest achievement of the evening has to be awarded to the Kitchen and Table staff, all food was delivered in a professional and timely manner, which was no mean feat especially given there were presentations between the courses, how they kept the main course both hot and delicious is a mystery!
A fun and relaxed evening in no small way due to this fabulous venue – and if the organisers of the event had chosen we could have had a view of the actual cricket pitch!
I would highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a special occasion, especially for 450 people or above. With a special request to have Nicola Pinder as your liaison.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I went to a ladies luncheon in the members suite. We had a delightful well presented meal served by students. The service was excellent. The room looked beautiful all the staff both full time and casual were friendly and professional.
I look forward to next year

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Visited for Liam Gallagher's homecoming concert which was brilliant organised. Staff and security were sound. Ground is just a stone's throw from town and is a 2 minute walk from the tram. Thank you for a great night out!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Brilliant organisation for this massive gig ...50,000 people with very few queues(except for beer) entry was swift even with bag checks ...loads of toilets ....gig was awesome ..thank you Manchester and thank you LG as you were...

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Attended the Liam Gallagher concert on 18th Aug. The concert itself and all supporting acts were fantastic, however, the venue was awful.
Having gone to the Coldplay gig years ago there I honestly thought the venue would have improved their organisation.
The queues for the toilets (which were dirty and totally unmanaged) and bars was awful, taking a minimum of 30 minutes for each, subsequently missing lots of the music.
As my family and friends were halfway down and the space around us was better than previous outdoor concerts which was good and most people quite respectful.

My main concern around the venue would be their exit strategy, it was an absolute nightmare with people being herded from one fenced area to another, the security staff were not communicating with each other and should there have been an emergency it would have been truly awful.
Whilst the venue cannot be responsible for transportation leaving the venue, the tram platform was overcrowded and you would simply not get a tram back into Manchester, we decided to walk the 2.5 miles back into the City, along with most people but this was not the end to the night I would have wanted.

I would probably choose not to attend another concert at Old Trafford Cricket Ground again, and whilst they take the money for the events they need to invest in better organisation techniques and training.