“Terrible-Don't go there”

Auckland North Shore Motels & Holiday Park
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Unit that we stayed in was probably built in the early 60s. It had a terrible old smelly dirty carpet, linen was very much off-white. We paid for two nights but managed to survive one night only. No way I would use that shower, I slept in my jeans and with the first sign of the morning we left this terrible place behind without any refund but still happy that we dont have to ever come back here, ever again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boki s

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We spent one night in unit 22 and really regret it afterwards. After our night we regognized bed bugs bits on our arms. We had to wash and dry ALL our clothes and clean/spray our backpacks - that costs us a lot of time and money. PLEASE: don't go there!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kubaner23
Reviewed 15 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were in the cheapest option but.....
1. $1 for a 9 min shower and no returns on extra unwanted tokens. I tried to shower for the entire 9 minutes for a test and it was far too long; a total waste of water and time.
2. Our beds sagged so much you could make a contour map of the sag and my room mate put her mattress on the floor.
3. The taps in the sink in our room needed strength++ to turn off and to do that I needed to bend forward a bit, often banging my head on the edge of the shelves that jutted out near the sink. OH&S issue.
4. Finally another OH&S issue... speaking as a Physiotherapist specialising in Rehab of patients after fractured hips,strokes, hip replacements etc, I'd like to point out the following....why call the disabled toilet the "Paraplegic Room" and why make it inaccessible to all but the most able by having a step to it rather than a ramp. There was also very little maneuvering room for a person in a wheelchair to get in the door, once they had managed to scale the step.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Liz R
Reviewed 10 January 2014

You pay budget prices, and you get budget accommodation. We stayed in a small double bed cabin, no major problems with it except a slight ant trail now and again. Need tokens to use the shower, no wifi in cabins only in public lounge areas, tokens for laundry...typical holiday camp site really. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Close to mcdonalds, and a great pizza place called hell's pizzas. Not far from the city at all. Stayed two nights, did the job, cheap bed to sleep in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueballoon098
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Made a booking 4 days before staying with them and they took the full cost of the accommodation as a deposit before accepting the reservation. I was in a car accident (through no fault of my own) and car was written off. Declared unfit to drive by GP and no car to get there even if I was. I then find out that there is a two week policy that applies to cancellations! I made the booking inside this period! The booking was done over the phone and these sods are adamant that they explained this to me - I do not accept this at all otherwise I would have queried it.
Had offered them 20% of the accommodation cost for administration fees, but that wasn't good enough, they wanted the whole payment. TAKING THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TraxnDax
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was seeking a place close to Birkenhead and happened upon this place. It was a total disappointment. Overdeveloped on a small site. The place was wall to wall cramped with caravans, campers and kids.

We were placed in a non smoking wing and yet as we walked along there was a lady smoking in the doorway of a non smoking room. The non smoking policy was a total joke since it seemed that everyone smoked where they felt like it. Smoke frequently wafted into the room.

In the middle of the night some kids set off a car alarm. This, and there noise to the not so early hours made sleep difficult.

Best part of our stay was seeing the street as we left.

Room Tip: Check for smokers in all the non smoker rooms