“What an amazing place!!!!”
Review of Rosewyn Farmhouse

Rosewyn Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Summercourt B&B and Inns
Wigan, United Kingdom
“What an amazing place!!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We have recently come back from a wonderful two nights stay at rosewyn farmhouse, what can I say ........ Absolutely fantastic!!!! We stayed bed and breakfast with our 11 month old son, we were all made to feel so welcome from the second we arrived. The room was spacious and extremely clean, with great views!!! The breakfast in the morning was out of this world, fresh fruit, full breakfast, all served with a very friendly welcome and advice on where to see and things to do.

We will definitely be staying again, highly recommend!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
It was a pleasure having you and William stay with us ... Children seem to adore petting the pigs and running around the field, and it makes me smile to see them. Hope you come again - thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in this beautiful location. The accommodation, hosts and food were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for Andree, the hostess, and her breakfasts were wonderful. The choice of foodstuffs was splendid. Had a brilliant stay and would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet, off the beaten track stay with all the trimmings. Thank you, Andree, Colin and Scoobie. Christine and Ted. PS Great value, too!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you - we do hope you come back down from Northampton again..... I'll make sure that Scooby comes out to greet Ted in the morning as is his wont.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I am actually tempted not to give this place a good review but that is purely for selfish reasons so I can keep it a secret all for myself. I will be very surprised if it is not fully booked well in advance in future it truley was the best accomodation we have experienced in the UK.

We stayed in the self catering loft apartment with our 3 year old. The space was large enough to give her plenty of room for playing and us enough comfort. As for the kitchen whenever going self catering the kitchen is a means to an end for me, this is the only time I will buy processed food because I can't stand kitchens that aren't my own especially as they usually have things of very little use in them. This one however was completely different, it was actually a pleasure to cook in it with a fantastic choping board and very sharp knife. It had everything it needed and it also had a nice feel to it. I found myself enjoying cooking decent food which we purchased from the local farm.

The farm had more space than we could have hoped for with plenty of room for our 3 year old to kick a football and play games as well as areas for us to go for walks. The family had a lovely friendly dog and some fabulous pigs that Isabel enjoyed feeding. We spent a lot of time on these grounds.

As for the family Andree was fantastic as was Colin they were so welcoming with us right from the second we arrived, in fact i'd go as far as to say it was the best customer service I have experienced with any accomodation. They were unintrusive giving us our own space and making us feel welcome in their home but also very helpful and informative. They gave us loads of information of local things to do which were great recommendations and helped make our holiday. They also gave a lot of attention to our little girl she absolutley loved Andree. Andree also gave Isabel toys to play with which were their sons when they were young and a lovely book of a tale of a local village. She also got to have a ride on their tractor which she loved. We couldn't have asked for more.

Value for money was incredible I have to say when we booked it I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was because of the price but I challenge anyone to better.

Worth noting as well the local farm just outside of Newquay sold the best fillet steak we have ever tasted and i'd highly recommended it.

By the sounds of this review I think I come off as being very easy to please but actually i'm not it was just such an exceptional holiday for us. Thank you for making it so special.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
I am so glad you had such a ood time. Reviews are the best advertising we can have, and we really appreciate your time. Hope you bring Isabel back again to see the pigs (and possibly piglets). Kind regards Andree and Colin
new milton
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed 1 night on 4th july, loved the place,loved the setting,loved the room we had.Andree and colin couldnt have been more friendly if they tried, scoobie the labrador was great. The breakfast was lovely really set us up for the day. I would highly recommend this B & B.
Dawn and Barry

Room Tip: Easy access to the A30
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review at such a busy period for you. Hope the new job and the move all going well. Best wishes.
leicestershire
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Nice people, good value, very hospitable and welcoming. Great comfortable accommodation and fantastic and generous breakfast with a great choice.
Have stayed twice now in May and June at Rosewyn Farmhouse and would highly recommend as a good bed & breakfast farm in a great location.

Room Tip: they have apartment options too.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you - hope work brings you down again (and your wife can join you next time). Greatly appreciated.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were looking for a cheap place to spend one night close to St Austell so as to be in easy reach to the Eden Project for the next day, and thus came across Rosewyn Farmhouse (funnily enough being much cheaper than other hotels).

From the moment we booked, Andree had already welcomed us - she sent us messages both via the confirmation email and from her personal email. On the way there, we sent Andree a text, letting her know the time we thought we'd be arriving, as we'd been held up. Andree immediately showed her very caring nature, by texting back if we needed anything & if there was anything she could do to help.
On arrival, we were greeted by her good self - our 3 year old son, who is VERY shy, immediately took to her - so even if everything else had been rubbish, this would have been enough for us!!!
Our son, who doesn't go with anyone who isn't family, took her hand, as Andree took him to see the pigs, whilst my husband & I were able to enjoy a nice cup of tea in the lovely courtyard.
Andree was an amazing host, not in our faces, but there when she was needed!

We had the Family Room, which was well equipped with a small fridge, TV & DVD Player + a little bed for our son - the view from the window on the right is beautiful.

Breakfast was amazing. Besides the usual cereals, yoghurts, tea & coffee, Andree had made a fresh fruit salad. Additionally, we were then given 3 cooked breakfast options. My husband had the smoked salmon, which he said was delicious, and I had the Full English which was also delicious - plus the fact that the sausage was home made, and the bread was too. A great start to the day!

We had a lovely stay, even though it was just one night. We would definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
I love your photos - thank you for posting them. Should have piglets born here within the next month!!! SO glad you enjoyed yourselves. X Andree
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

What a fantastic find. I booked this B&B after reading the well deserved 5 star ratings on tripadvisor. We had a lovely stay at a clean and beautiful house set in lovely surroundings. If you are after the beach, Fistral and Newquay are only a short drive away. The breakfast was delicious, with an amazing choice, you won't be needing lunch!! I booked the accommodation due to a mountain bike race and if mountain biking is your thing, there are some amazing trails near by. I would recommend this B&B to anyone and would not think twice about re-booking. Thank you :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick B
c870262, Owner at Rosewyn Farmhouse, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay - look forward to seeing you next time there is a bike race in the area. Thank you

Been to Rosewyn Farmhouse? Share your experiences!