Stayed Friday - Monday over first weekend of November. Called Sykes upon arrival to advise hottub was cold, they called back confirming owner emptied and cleaned it that morning and it 'won't reach optimal temperature until Saturday'
• This wasn't explained upon booking, had we had known it wouldnt be working for 24 hours, we'd have booked elsewhere.
• Owners son came Saturday evening, approx 24 hours after arrival - unacceptable! Told us he'd sorted it and it'll heat up - it didn't.
• Called Sykes again, Owner came Sunday with different son, tried passing blame onto us, something along the lines 'you've knocked something when messing with buttons, it's sorted now'
1) We hadn't knocked anything at all
2) Even if we had, between the owner and two sons, they should have known how to fix it - they didn't.
This hottub was freezing the whole weekend.
I believe the owner knows it's broken, otherwise they could have fixed it?!?!
I also think it's disgusting to blame your guests for something they hadn't done!
The range in the kitchen - only one oven works, so cooking a meal for eight was hard, upto 14 (max capacity) impossible!
Drains in master en-suite were bust, couldn't use the bathroom at all as smell was awful.
Lights around the hottub didn't work, but neither did the hottub so....
I wouldnt recommended this place. Undoubtedly it's a beautiful house, but if you're wanting a hottub as the main feature, go elsewhere where you won't be blamed for the owners shortcomings!