“Totall Luxury and a wonderful experience all round”
Review of Stoneleigh Lodge

Stoneleigh Lodge
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had the absolute pleaseure of staying at the Stoneleigh Lodge in November. I checked in for 2 days to see if I liked it and could not leave. The Host Liz is a delightful hostess witht he mostess and nothing was too much trouble for her. The suite as I call it was luxurious and of a 5+ star standard. Amazing bed linen and toiliteries. Spotless clean and oh so quiet and comfortable. If you are on the fence about booking this place do not be it is all you every imagined and more. The Alpacas around the land were so adorable and it was so lovely to wake up every morning to the sound of nature and nothing else. Liz and Chris have made a fantastic job of their 2 suites, and I will be a returning guest on my next NZ visit. Well done Liz and Chris. Liz i feel I have made a new friend and I look forward to returning hopefully with my Hubby the next trip. Stoneleigh Lodge is a MUST stay when in Christchurch. I cannot say enough of my gratuitude in finding the perfect vacation accommodation. It made my entire trip fantastic and so memorable! Thank you Liz Chris and Emma

Room Tip: If you are singel lady travelling alone this is a perfect place to stay!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review, it is very much appreciated. It was real pleasure and a lot of fun having you stay. We also really enjoyed meeting your friends. Have a wonderful Xmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you in 2014. All the very best.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed our 1st 2 nights in Stoneleigh Lodge. The room was huge and the jacuzzi tub was very nice, the kids enjoyed it! Breakfast was excellent and the opportunity to get close to the alpacas was always there.

Room Tip: Very good locale away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Easy options for food which are only a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your wonderful comments. All the very best to you and your lovely family.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

If you are looking for a truly lovely place to stay then Stoneleigh Lodge is it. We stayed with our two girls for a couple of nights after a 12 day moterhome holiday around the south island and were very surprised. This was the first B&B we have stay at and it was magnificent . The room was beautifully decorated with every comfort you could think of. Our girls were very well cared for and LIz was a beautiful host.

Highly recommend Stoneleigh if you are looking for luxury , privacy and wonderful hospitality .

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. Really enjoyed having you and the girls were a delight. All the best and it would be lovely to see you all again when you are next in the South Island.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here after getting married down the road. The owner stayed up to late to let us in and was so nice. The room was amazing, warm and very tidy. The cooked breakfast was amazing and highly recommended. Would defiantly stay here again. Thank- you so much for an amazing place to stay

• Stayed: April 2013
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you very much for writing this review, we very much appreciate your lovely comments. Thank you for staying we us and letting us be a small part of your very special time.

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in this wonderful lodge, I can say this was the best experience I ever had during my visit to new zealand. I have traveled all around the world , I always stay in highly class hotels. However with the limited options of hotels in Christchurch I decide to try this wonderful lodge. The house is surrounding with some beautiful farms and gardens. My especial thanks and appreciation to Liz & Chris. They were helpful and wonderful host I really really enjoyed my stay with you

• Stayed: April 2013
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. This is very much appreciated by us. We would very much enjoy seeing you both back at Stoneleigh when you are in New Zealand again, all the very best to you both.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at Stoneleigh on our way back from Blenheim, before flying to Norfolk Island.I thoroughly enjoyed meeting their 2 Quarter Horses and talking horses with Liz and Chris took the time in the morning to show off the newborn Alpacas.

Liz and Chris where tremendous hosts and the facilities where excellent.Highly recommend.
Rick B

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it is very much appreciated by us. We hope you both enjoyed your holiday and would love to see you both again next time you are in New Zealand. All the very best.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We do not normally opt for bed and breakfast accommodation but were underwhelmed with the current hotel offerings in Christchurch (I miss the Crowne Plaza!). The situation is bound to improve as the recovery continues to gain momentum but the options were pretty limited when we looked. So we booked in to stay at Stoneleigh and were very impressed. Room price reasonably high but good value for money, especially compared to what the George is currently charging. Spacious, clean and tastefully decorated room with large and comfortable bed. Very clean bathroom. We were offered the use of a lounge area as well. Didn't have time to try the pool this time. Went for a walk down the lengthy and beautifully maintained drive to check out the alpacas and was greeted by a frisky Burmese (one of three much loved pusskins on the property). Back inside for a hearty breakfast of muesli and fruit, sausages bacon and eggs, toast and coffee. Hosts Chris and Liz very friendly and considerate but discrete and the house is so large that we truly felt like we had our own space. Very quiet and rural, but only 25 mins to the airport, so not much further away than the CBD.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Liz S, Owner at Stoneleigh Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Really enjoyed your night's stay with us and thank you so much for your review. All the best to you both.

Been to Stoneleigh Lodge? Share your experiences!