“Excellent”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ciao Baby is a cut above your normal Italian restaurant. The menu is extensive and full of all the usual fare. The food is excellent and the service is good. Value wise its a little more expensive than other places but worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Claire A

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had fun here with a family meal over the bank holiday. Manager was a character and made us feel very welcome. Good menu of pastas, pizzas, fish and steaks all very good, loved the decor and lighting of the place. My favourite lager served on draft - Peroni!!

Visited April 2014
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Huge disappointment...”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having been for lunch, we decided to go for Saturday night dinner. Three diners, myself, my husband and our 11 year old son. We ordered three starters, my sons came first and he had eaten his before mine and my husbands arrived.
My husbands and my mains arrived but our sons didn't, there were no vegetables either at this point just two meat dishes on the table. My sons pizza eventually arrived and the waitress plonked it down and walked off, I had to ask for vegetables. When they came I cut into my steak and it was overcooked and lukewarm. I sent it back.
By the time a replacement came, which was served on a starters sized plate (no difference to the taste of the food but just looked 'naff') my husband and son had finished eating. The sauce had not been reduced or seasoned correctly and the whole dish was sub-standard. I ate it because I was hungry and couldn't be bothered going through the whole rigmarole again.
We had seen the manager and I alerted him to our predicament but, to be honest, he could barely stand still for longer than a few seconds and ran off saying he would 'sort something out' for us. The dessert menu was offered and declined and we asked for the bill, which showed that nothing had 'been sorted out'.
I asked for the manager again and after 5-10 minutes he appeared, took the bill and brought it back with a 10% discount. My husband offered his card and we paid leaving no tip but I did ask to see the manager again. He said they were very busy, staff shortages and he wished there was something more he could do. I explained that there was - listen to his customers and act accordingly and appropriately. We felt dismissed and a bit of a nuisance. We don't go out a lot and I had hoped our evening would have been a real treat and not the huge, costly let down it actually turned out to be. The food was average, the service by the staff poor in terms of timings and attention to detail and the managers excuses, lack of empathy and appropriate action let both him and the restaurant down.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Symonsgirl
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Awful food”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Food was dull and half what I could cook at home. We sat next to a white wall which wasn't clean. Enquired about a job for my daughter but nobody cared.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Nick Natalia H
“Not quite right...”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The restaurant is lovely and the staff are very friendly. The food was OK but not great/excellent. You can tell they are trying but there is a quality missing from the food. When you are charging those prices it has to be top quality food. We actually told the waiter about the food, they offered us free desserts but I think the manager should have shown an interest when someone is telling you the food is not at a certain standard. The other thing I didn't like was the group of lads being well lads (!!) by the bar in the seating area. They had come in just for drinks...... At one point they started shouting over to someone sat in the restaurant! I'm sure the diners loved that!! If I was in a bar, I would have no problem with it but I'm in a restaurant with my family. This area is a nice touch for people wanting a drink before or after the meal. If they keep trying, it could be a really great restaurant but we won't be running back just yet.

• Visited March 2014