“So So for everything”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went with friends who had been before but it was our first visit. Pretty busy Bank Holiday Sunday night. Shown to table by one member of staff, approached for drinks by another that was ok, then another to take the order. Starters arrived one was wrong, finished ours by the time it was corrected and served by yet another member of staff. I had one wine glass from the bar my partner had a soft drink glass. Wine arrived and waiter said "Do you want some glasses" ? Well no we planned to pass the bottle round what do you think !! Mains arrived veg shortly after put on table and off. Had to call them back nothing to serve veg with, chased beans round dish with knife and fork x 4. Food passable nothing special, prices of food that is something special. Service poor. They don't seem to know where they are in the market or where they want to be. They need to decide.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Terrible food and shocking service, the bill was brought to the table after the starter and although meant for another table they did not seem to care. The deserts were frozen supermarket sweets at sweet prices and they even used bells whiskey for an irish coffee. Disappointed!

1  Thank chris g
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Ciao Baby is a cut above your normal Italian restaurant. The menu is extensive and full of all the usual fare. The food is excellent and the service is good. Value wise its a little more expensive than other places but worth it.

1  Thank Claire A
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had fun here with a family meal over the bank holiday. Manager was a character and made us feel very welcome. Good menu of pastas, pizzas, fish and steaks all very good, loved the decor and lighting of the place. My favourite lager served on draft - Peroni!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Having been for lunch, we decided to go for Saturday night dinner. Three diners, myself, my husband and our 11 year old son. We ordered three starters, my sons came first and he had eaten his before mine and my husbands arrived.
My husbands and my mains arrived but our sons didn't, there were no vegetables either at this point just two meat dishes on the table. My sons pizza eventually arrived and the waitress plonked it down and walked off, I had to ask for vegetables. When they came I cut into my steak and it was overcooked and lukewarm. I sent it back.
By the time a replacement came, which was served on a starters sized plate (no difference to the taste of the food but just looked 'naff') my husband and son had finished eating. The sauce had not been reduced or seasoned correctly and the whole dish was sub-standard. I ate it because I was hungry and couldn't be bothered going through the whole rigmarole again.
We had seen the manager and I alerted him to our predicament but, to be honest, he could barely stand still for longer than a few seconds and ran off saying he would 'sort something out' for us. The dessert menu was offered and declined and we asked for the bill, which showed that nothing had 'been sorted out'.
I asked for the manager again and after 5-10 minutes he appeared, took the bill and brought it back with a 10% discount. My husband offered his card and we paid leaving no tip but I did ask to see the manager again. He said they were very busy, staff shortages and he wished there was something more he could do. I explained that there was - listen to his customers and act accordingly and appropriately. We felt dismissed and a bit of a nuisance. We don't go out a lot and I had hoped our evening would have been a real treat and not the huge, costly let down it actually turned out to be. The food was average, the service by the staff poor in terms of timings and attention to detail and the managers excuses, lack of empathy and appropriate action let both him and the restaurant down.

2  Thank Symonsgirl