“Great experience!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Sam Son B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have visited Van Chai Resort twice so far, when it was new in 2004 and during the last Chinese new year. I've got to say, I was very impressed with the improvements they've made to everything. I love how even during a big event, it is still peaceful enough to relax if you want to, as it should be. The staffs are so friendly and are very helpful when we were deciding what to eat, there are so many interesting foods that it is hard to choose. It is also close to Hanoi so it is easy for foreigners to go to, just land in Noi Bai airport and take a road trip for 3 hours. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip and I wholeheartedly recommend Van Chai to anyone who wishes to go to Vietnam.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Paula F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I came to Sam Son in Sep 2012 with my friends and our travel agent has chosen Van Chai resort for us. We knew this resort is biggest in Sam Son beach wherefore we were very excited. Van Chai resort is very beautiful with outside, very near the beach and quite. I like small ancient villa but the room is not very good inside. Be covered by ancient color we saw some dirty on the wall, the roof, floor...our minibar were not working, backward television, very small bed...All the rooms in same villa are connect to each other even next to us is strange people. The staffs were not very friendly. Breakfast is very good. Anyway, this is beautiful resort but not very good service.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dung F
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Me, my wife and 4 kids staid at the Van Chair resort over the Tet holidays, We had a very good stay despite being the only ones. The room was very spacious and staff service was excellent. Everything was open and we had a great time on the nearly deserted beach. It is indeed a great place to leave Hanoi for a weekend.
The food was good, and for a 4 star resort was affordable, the special tet dinner was excellent and had a strong and distinct Vietnamese flavor
Overall we had a great time and will certainly return

Room Tip: rooms with beach view are nice, with kids better on the ground floor than the first floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Johan K
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have visited Van Chai Resort several times already and I am truly impress with the resort. If you want a quiet time to read a book or to release your stress then this is the place. The service is great and the location is really great as you can always see the sunrise and sunset if you enjoy those sorts of thing. The resort is also a great place for family or with friends as there are things you can do to stay out of boredom; from swimming pool to billiards to beach volleyball.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jvle_2907
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I visited Van Chai with my classmates a few months ago.
It's absolutely fantastic - comfortably snuggled in greenery and facing the beautiful ocean, it offers one of the most excellent resting place.
The houses are dispersed throughout the garden, and both small & big rooms are clean and cozy in their own ways. I would strongly recommend renting the biggest villa (the one my friends and I stayed in) if you are about 6-8 people. The two-story villa sticks right in the middle of the resort, offering a fantastic view of the resort and the beach a wee distance away, and is full of coziness, family atmosphere and at the same time, traditions. The walls are made of windows so the sunlight shines right through the entire house in the morning.
Restaurant food is wonderful. All clean and tasty- esp. don't miss the traditional Vietnamese noodle at the breakfast buffet.
The beach is excellent. Safe wave and clean water. Would be perfect for a visit with family and friends. After swimming in the ocean you can swim in the warm-water outdoor/indoor swimming pool.
Staff are very friendly and polite.
I simply loved Van Chai & am sure you will, too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Esther P
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Such a wonderful experience I had there for my weekend with my husband. The room was perfectly comfortable with unique decoration. Moreover, the view to the sea was beautiful that I could never dream of. the staff was very pleasant and help to show us how astounding the resort is. Needless to say,the food was good. I really love Van Chai, it gave me the feel at home that no where could give us. Unfortunately, I could only spend my holiday there for 2 nights but I look forward to returning and staying longer.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sophia P
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 December 2012

the van chai resort is a place where you can enjoy and relax. a quaiet place with a beatiful and lovely staff wich make everithig that yo feel good an conftebel. there is a pool and jacuzi also a sauna is avalabel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
#3 of 25 in Thanh Hoa
Muong Thanh Hotel
Muong Thanh Hotel
#6 of 25 in Thanh Hoa

Been to Van Chai Resort? Share your experiences!