“nice stay but too expensive”
Review of Van Chai Resort

Van Chai Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Sam Son B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stayed there with my family last week end. The hotel is very beautiful. The staff is quite professional although it is not up to the Thai standards where i have stayed this month.
Van Chai is a nice gateway for fortunate hanoi commuters, or for someone who need calm. Sam son has little to offer for western tourists. The beach is dirty in the village, and only exists in the morning at Van Chai. The water is not up to western standards, if you want a nice beach you will need to go further south (Hue or Danang). Finally we have spent more than one thousand euros there in 2 days, be aware this is a very expensive resort. The breakfast and food there is below average for a 4 stars, a welcome drink should be introduced like Furama resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and independant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank franck69890

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Exelent to stay at Van Chai for one or more days, relaxing and just at the sea with perfect swimming and beach facilities. Clean and beautiful place - and just besides along the coast lots of fishermen who like to inform and speak about their daily life.

Take a taxi or a driver from the nice but in a way chaotic city of Hanoi - to have some peaceful days at the sea. In land you can also have a lot of intercultural talk to a lot interesting and very wise people.

The staf will do everything to support you - and to advice what to do in this area of Vietnam. And just to mention especially one of the staf members, Thuy Vu: She would love to tell experiences of her job at Van Chai, which she apreciate very much - and also to tell about the possibilities for young families in this region.

This place deserve a lot of Stars - and sustainable friendly new visitors.

All the best
Kaare, kaos@viauc.dk
Denmark

Room Tip: Next to restaurant
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank kaosJylland
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I just visited my friends in Hanoi and they recommended the group a weekend in Van Chai. I was a bit apprehensive at first because I was unsure about going to the beach when summer had just ended but they assure me I would have a great time and they were right. The place is absolutely beautiful! The buildings are very unique and the gardens are so well maintained. Ms. Ha, the staff that took care of us, is so charming and helpful – she was literally always 30 feet away from us. Friday night we tried the seafood market in the restaurant, the food are so fresh and the staffs even helped us choose the best-looking crabs for dinner. The dinner was surprisingly cheap for such high quality seafood. On Saturday we spend our time lounging about the swimming pool area relaxing. I had the most peaceful nap here than I had in a long time. I saw a couple taking their wedding photos taken amongst the grass and pine trees with an ocean background, such picturesque scenery. Saturday night we joined the weekend seafood buffet by the pool. The combination of the magnificent food and playful atmosphere (guests can request karaoke) was a delight and our group had a lot of fun. I was a little sad about checking out on Sunday but we couldn’t extend our stay (it was overbooked). Overall, a great value for money and I would recommend Van Chai to anyone that comes to Vietnam. I myself will definitely return in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I and a couple of friends living in Hanoi decided to get away from chaos of the city, and chose Van Chai as our destination. Although it's about two n half hours away, we all found it to be a charming haven for relaxation. The three days spent there were filled with swimming, sunshine, billiards and spa, joining in on some beach volleyball as well. The staff were even kind enough to set up a bonfire by the beach for us. The food was delicious, the restaurant right beside the beach provided the perfect atmosphere for our feasts, I especially enjoyed the catch of the day, vietnamese steamed fish. Perhaps the biggest surprise was beauty of Van Chai itself, the rooms are reminiscent of the traditional vietnamese style of brick and wood. Understated elegance and rich in history, spread out among bonsai gardens and trees. Overall a great place to relieve stress, or to simply enjoy some free time, with family or friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Johnny G
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My son (15) and I stayed at Van Chai for 4 days and 3 nights. It is a great place to relax and enjoy your vacation. We extended our stay at Van Chai so we were able to experience 2 styles of rooms. Both the staffs Public Relation Representatives speak English really well and they accommodated all our needs.

If I am ever back in the area, I will definitely stay at Van Chai again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank TimHillock
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is the second time I ve been to Thanh Hoa. The first time was 10 years ago when Sam Son was a quite and nature place. I really enjoyed my trip this time when I chose Van Chai. All rooms were deigned like old Vietnamese village style. I love the atmosphere. It s peaceful and relaxable All staff are so friendly and helpful, they always smile. :)
I m glad that I chose this place for my summer vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Thu Huong H
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Van Chai Resort is quite unique in style. Very relaxing, quiet atmosphere in lovely location by the sea. Bedroom and Bathroom lovely and spacious. Food in the restaurant excellent and quite reasonably priced. The staff were extremely kind and tended to our every need. Pool area very nice and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 25 in Thanh Hoa
Phuong Hoang Hotel
Phuong Hoang Hotel
#14 of 25 in Thanh Hoa

Been to Van Chai Resort? Share your experiences!