“A nice place in the country.”

and 1 more site!
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leavenheath
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed at the Stoke by Nayland golf and spa hotel in July and had an excellent stay.All round the facilities on offer gives you plenty to do. The golf course's look very challenging,with plenty of lakes surrounding the holes. A nice size pool,squash courts and snooker tables make it a great location for the sporting type, only wish i was a few years younger,so i could have a go. Evening meal was of a very high quality,however breakfast was not in the same bracket.

Room Tip: Check with hotel for deals before you book
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and by the sounds of it tried out a lot of our facilities! I am sorry you felt breakfast was not up to the same standard as our evening meal. We take all feedback very seriously so I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our Chef.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My hubby and I had a fantastic night away at this amazing venue. The room was an excellent size as was the large comfy bed. The staff, helpful friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble. This is the first place I have ever been to where the daily menu included food I could eat. No discussing an optional dish on the day but a well thought out menu that for once made feel included and with choice from each course! We had notified them when we booked but at best in the past with other venues I have had my own menu with one choice from each section. The spa facilities, clean with towels provided with the sauna and steam rooms spacious. A fabulous location to get away from it all and feel thoroughly spoilt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am pleased you had such a lovely stay with us and will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Got a warm welcome from the reception staff bedroom was a very good size excellent views of the golf course. Restaurant was busy staff gave an excellent service and were very friendly nice to see staff that enjoyed there work. Hotel gave the feeling that everybody enjoyed there work. Would recommend this hotel

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
SBNHotel, Marketing Executive at Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel. You have posted some really lovely comments about our staff and I will see to it that they know that their work was appreciated. Please come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We recently stayed here for a friends wedding and were delighted not only with the location but accommodation and staff.
The rooms for the wedding were excellent, a very nice size so we did not feel crammed in at all.
The food was delicious and served very quickly and efficiently while still hot.
The staff throughout were attentive, helpful and friendly and although they did not show it must have been as tired as us by the end of the evening.
At breakfast next day some staff were there again looking more refreshed than we did so top marks to them. Breakfast lovely glad we did not miss it.
Did not use the spa so cannot comment on it.
Would we go back and stay again, definitely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Whissey

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review. I hope that you had a lovely time at the wedding. Perhaps you can experience the spa when you visit us again? We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Second time at Stoke By Nayland and it did not disappoint. The staff were excellent, friendly and courteous. The food was top drawer whether in the golfers bar or the main restaurant. The room was extremely comfortable and worthy of the price. All this means a hotel that stands up against others in its own right, but when allied to the two excellent golf courses it is almost a must do venue for peoples bucket lists! I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for this incredible review! It is wonderful that you think our venue should be on bucket lists! I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff and I certainly hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Me and my girlfriend went for a 2 day weekend part of a website deal for £99 which was great. We went in the hope that we could go out clubbing and have a girly weekend- we were mistaken.

The hotel is lovely and the staff were always asking if we needed anything. The bath and showers were lovely also, decorated to a decent standard. We had a lovely sleep, no issues. Walls seem soundproof too.

Location wise it is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and you will need a vehicle even if you want to go up to town. We were lucky enough to have a local cabbie take us round and he was really nice. I believe he does alot of work for them.

Breakfast was amazing and such a big variety- conflakes, fruits, cooked english breakfast, sausages were gorgeous- to be honest this was the highlight of the whole stay- the lovely breakfast.

We did try the restaurant - it was pricey- London prices basically. The food was ok, small portion however i think they were going for a posh look rather than gourmet as expected.

The hotel did seem to attract middle aged people and a lot of golfers- would be ideal if that is your thing. We went in January so the weather was way too cold and the hotel said we did need to book in advance.

The room had all modern stuff as expected- and even a bible and i think a buddha book which i found so interesting I wanted to take it home but my friend said I shouldnt so I didnt lol.

The cleaning service was not great I have to say- maybe because they didn't employ 'foreigners', they all seemed english- as they forgot to hoover our room- we had to request this to be done. The bath wasnt cleaned either so we just didnt bother to request them to come back a second time. In my opinion they had too many staff members in the bar area as most of the time they were almost begging for someone to attend to lol.

Would suit a romantic break for a couple. They had lovely fire places in the bar area which was much needed as it was freezing. We were both thinking about how much fun we could have had with our boyfriends instead whilst we were there which was a shame lol

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

What a detailed review! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this. I will make sure our chefs know that their breakfast menu was the highlight of your stay. Also, it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our rooms and that you had a chance to relax by the fire in the Lounge Bar – January certainly was a cold month! Hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I had the most delightful dinner yesterday. Jono informed me that I was the first customer to try the monk fish dish. I previously stayed here last year and it was excellent. I enjoyed it so much that my partner and I are having a civil partnership 17th May 2014. We have decided to have dinner here , and stay the night. All the staff are extremely pleasant , and nothing is too much trouble !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your lovely review. Did you enjoy the monkfish? We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in 2014 for your big day. I will pass your comments on to the hotel staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leavenheath
The Mill Hotel
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham

Been to Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!