Just returned from a short 2 day break here and was very impressed with the whole set up .Despite some current improvement work being carried out to the Reception area, the check in and check out were done quickly and efficiently. The room was comfortable, warm., spacious and clean . The lounge area was welcoming with a "proper" fire and comfy leather seating and a good selection of ales and lagers. Staff in all areas were very friendly and attentive and made for a pleasant stay. The food choice, presentation and quality was superb, certainly better than expected and well above normal hotel food . Some very interesting dishes with a real mix of flavours--starting with a trio of breads --I had one with white chocolate and chilli ,a smoked salmon and brown shrimp starter with samphire then monkfish with a pickled banana jam and a bramley apple and cinnamon panacotta with chilli crumble topping !!
All superb ,unusual and cooked to perfection, excellent. Played 2 rounds of golf and the courses were both very good ,a bit hilly so you know you've walked !! the 18th on both courses are played over water towards the clubhouse-daunting but fun. Made use of the complimentary spa facilities,clean modern with a nice size pool,sauna and steam rooms and a smallish Jacuzzi.All in all an excellent venue on all counts ,would highly recommend and certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star award-winning Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa is situated in 300 acres of rolling countryside, in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The hotel is ideally positioned in the middle of the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester triangle and is only 45 minutes from the M25 and Stansted Airport. The hotel offers 80 contemporary hotel bedrooms and a wide range of facilities including, the 2 AA Rosette Lakes Restaurant, two 18-hole Championship golf courses and driving range, nine function rooms offering superb views over Constable Country ideal for weddings, celebrations and conferences and a hi-tech fitness centre. There is also a luxurious spa within the hotel, where you'll find a heated indoor swimming pool with spa temple, sauna, steam room, exotic Rasul and Hammam treatment rooms, a bistro and a whole range of health and beauty therapies on offer. There is extensive free parking, free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel and the Pippin Shop onsite provides all the essentials you may require plus an array of handmade gifts. Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa also offer a number of self-catering luxury lodges on site, which enjoy all the facilities of the hotel but with a private area to escape to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf Hotel Leavenheath
- Best Western Colchester
- Colchester Best Western
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa Leavenheath, Suffolk, UK