Dear Ms. Rendall,
Last week the Old Laggs golf group visited your hotel and complex for 3 days. We are a group of 16 who go off every June to play 3 days of golf and this was our 18th year. Our normal practice is to choose a new venue each year but for the last 3 years we have returned to Stoke by Nayland which has been driven by a unanimous vote to return to your hotel. We are already booked in for next June. We have also brought some of our wives for a few days in the winter months over the last 3 years so you have certainly captured us.
It is all too easy to accept good service without recognising it and people generally find it easy to complain but are reticent to compliment and say thank you. So I am writing to you to thank you and all of your team for giving us 3 exceptional days. You even arranged the weather for us! All of your staff are a credit to you in all Departments, they are all friendly and helpful and are prepared to go the extra mile to ensure good service. We all commented that even the chambermaids said good morning to us who do not normally have direct contact with the guests.
Clearly you have moved on a lot in the last 3 years, the hotel improvements are excellent but so too are the golf courses and the top quality food remains. The Gainsborough had of course been set up for the PGA Seniors but the Constable was equally as good.
It is unusual to find businesses like yours and due credit must go to you and your team for providing such an exceptional experience. Thank you very much and long may it continue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star award-winning Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa is situated in 300 acres of rolling countryside, in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The hotel is ideally positioned in the middle of the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester triangle and is only 45 minutes from the M25 and Stansted Airport. The hotel offers 80 contemporary hotel bedrooms and a wide range of facilities including, the 2 AA Rosette Lakes Restaurant, two 18-hole Championship golf courses and driving range, nine function rooms offering superb views over Constable Country ideal for weddings, celebrations and conferences and a hi-tech fitness centre. There is also a luxurious spa within the hotel, where you'll find a heated indoor swimming pool with spa temple, sauna, steam room, exotic Rasul and Hammam treatment rooms, a bistro and a whole range of health and beauty therapies on offer. There is extensive free parking, free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel and the Pippin Shop onsite provides all the essentials you may require plus an array of handmade gifts. Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa also offer a number of self-catering luxury lodges on site, which enjoy all the facilities of the hotel but with a private area to escape to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf Hotel Leavenheath
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Best Western Colchester
- Colchester Best Western
- Stoke By Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa Leavenheath, Suffolk, UK